News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A $300,000 Hemi Charger on E-Bay.

Started by chargerboy69, September 03, 2006, 08:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerboy69

Now this is a real surviver. But $300,000,  I do not think so. That sure is a lot of green. And not sure about those white walls and hubcaps.  But still a very nice car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-Dodge-Charger-Special-Edition-Hemi-One-Owner_W0QQitemZ200022858404QQihZ010QQcategoryZ6199QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

bull

I wouldn't be too surprised if the bidding had gone up to $300k had they started it at like $50k or something but it's hard to get someone to start bidding at $300k when that's probably the top-end price (on a good day). Zero feedback won't help either.

tan top

what an awesome charger ,much  too  pricey though, but how do you put a price on that ,not as if you could buy another like it .  makes you think what else   could be out there , still with is original owner locked away some place .  whats the old  saying  green cars always survive.
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

dkn1997

for 300k, I am going to need a lot more than 3 or 4 sentences. and how about some more pics too?

I am not saying that the car isn't worth that much, but if you want someone to pony up that kind of money, at least make some attempt to earn it.
RECHRGED

terrible one

Quote from: dkn1997 on September 03, 2006, 09:10:16 AM
for 300k, I am going to need a lot more than 3 or 4 sentences. and how about some more pics too?

I am not saying that the car isn't worth that much, but if you want someone to pony up that kind of money, at least make some attempt to earn it.

Yeah, I agree. He has a pretty weak auction. If I was selling a car like that, I would have paragraphs upon paragraphs describing everything I knew about it, and hundreds of pictures. It really does make a difference.

daytonalo

Hey guy's , this is what E-Bay has done to the car hobby , come on look at that old sea-Nile bastard with the pimp my ride wheel covers . that car as is does maybe 80 k !

rt green

hey old man, come here and stand by this car im trying to scam on e bay. i'll take your pic for 20 bucks
third string oil changer

TylerCharger69

$300.000??   I have to say this guy is on crack......I've seen Daytonas  that were one owner cars go for cheaper than that.   And the engine compartment...well  not the cleanest, but I know that makes no difference.    I wouldn't pay that much for that

daytonalo

This jackass need's to get back on his lark !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got to love those wire wheel covers

Ghoste

Doesn't look to be someone who is too serious about selling the car.  More like fishing just in case there is one person out there crazy enough to pay his price.  That or he has totally bought into the auction Mopars are hot. hot, hot hype that we seem to be getting bombarded with from tv and magazines.

69 OUR/TEA

Yup,another guy that watched B.J.,and now thinks his ride is worth $$$$$$$$$$$. Just as I am happy with the climbing values of the era of musclecars,it is also depressing because what you have now are a big group of well off people jumping into this hobby for the invesment and not the desire to own and enjoy.They fight eachother on live TV because their egos take over,and since they have a large bank account,do not care about overspending on a certain make or model,and in turn crank the price of that car way up out of the average mans reach,and also makes the parts go out of control.To think  you have one of these high dollar cars that you seen sell for big $$$$ at B.J or any other high class auction house,yours should be just as nice in the quality of that car,or be a rare model,and have documentation about that car to think you will fetch the big $$$$ of what  you seen.Not to mention that alot of those cars you think sold,really did'nt,the owners bought them back from B.J at the 8% fee.There are people that stick their car on e-bay,with no intent to sell, with a ridiculous reserve ,have their friends ring it up just to miss the reserve,and have the followers say ,wow ,did you see what that went for,as to try and set a market.Go in and watch these high dollar figure cars and actually see how many of them sell.Not alot.Because of this,look at the cars being dragged out of swamps,that are totally wasted that people are either selling or trying to sell.Ten years ago,would never had thought it would be like this!!!!

TylerCharger69

TylerCharger69

Speaking of Barrett Jackson......How about that over 2 million dollar cuda????Jeeeeeeees

69 OUR/TEA

As pumped up by MCG,hemi cuda verts have sold for more than that!!!!!!

Dodge Don

I'd say it's worth around $115,000 in that condition. Car is rarer than a Daytona will ever be.

Silver R/T

for that price I would think he'd hire supermodel to pose with a car...
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

myrtle

I really hope that some of you are kidding. The paperwork alone that comes with the car, service records, all that adds up. Plus its a one owner car, un modified, # matching,..
granted 300k is alot of money yeah,.. but I have seen mopars go for alot more with alot less.
300k idunno,.. If it was a 4spd THE YES, FOR SURE!!!!
THE REAL FAST AND THE REAL FURIOUS

TylerCharger69

Well...anyone paying 300,000 for that car needs their head examined.....I don't care if he does have the service records or not, most of which is probably oil changes, tune-ups  and standard maintenance which...well....that's a given, and I'm not going to add those into the price of the car.  Still...300,000?....I think not.

Chris G.

I swear some of you guys are challenged one way or another (silver you have been excused already). That's somebody's grandfather a few of you are calling a crack head and jackass. The fact that the old gent (who looks really cool) has had this car since new and kept it the way he has should be commended. I'm sure someone else listed the car and put that price tag on it. It won't sell for 300K, but I guarantee his email has been full for 3 days now with some heavyweight offers.

Without a doubt he has been offered 150K for this car as it sits. They're only original once, and the rarity of this car just helps whoever is selling the car's, case.

Oh...  :Twocents:

dodge freak

I put a bid on it but I am not ready to be kick off e-bay just yet. :laugh:

Lowprofile

Quote from: Chris G. on September 03, 2006, 05:06:09 PM
I swear some of you guys are challenged one way or another (silver you have been excused already). That's somebody's grandfather a few of you are calling a crack head and jackass. The fact that the old gent (who looks really cool) has had this car since new and kept it the way he has should be commended. I'm sure someone else listed the car and put that price tag on it. It won't sell for 300K, but I guarantee his email has been full for 3 days now with some heavyweight offers.

Without a doubt he has been offered 150K for this car as it sits. They're only original once, and the rarity of this car just helps whoever is selling the car's, case.

Oh...  :Twocents:

I agree with you Chris.......and Shame on the rest of you bitter old ebay hags. Right in front of you is a piece of History, and all you guys are worried about is kicking dirt on the old guy........You should all be sending him emails thanking him for taking such good care of that Beautiful Car. The market will dictate the price of that car............ Yea, the price is high, but again, their is not many like that around anymore. I hope whoever gets the car restores it & shares it with us all.
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Ghoste

So if he was young it'd be okay to think the car was overpriced?  These are all opinions and we all get one so I am sticking by mine and maintaining that the car is seriously overpriced.

R2

Did you guys notice the city its in ??
I live in Louisville Kentucky.....wish i knew where it was to have a look at it...very cool car,,,,