News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

727 transmission build

Started by 73chargers4404, September 11, 2006, 05:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73chargers4404

im looking to have my 727 transmission rebuilt ,and was wondering what extra added stuff would make it hold up better im looking at buying a heat treated sprag and race ,and maybe a shift kit i  dont know
nothing about transmissions ,but im wanting to get about 600 horse out of my 440 and want somthing to hold up to my abuse any suggestions would be nice is there anything thats a weakness on these transmission .thanks

RD

if you want 600 hp, then go to www.copesracingtransmission.com or call 219-374-0100

better doing that then going to some local tranny shop who doesnt know how to build a race 727
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

deputycrawford

Listen to RD. If you want options then also check with A and A transmisions. They are at aandatrans.com. you will get the idea that a bullet proof trans at that power level might cost you over $3000. You will only spend the money once.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.