News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any CHARGERS in Hawaii?..

Started by Brock Samson, September 01, 2006, 07:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

I'm goin to Hawaii in the A.M...
'n I'm just wondering..

So Aloha..  ;D

T.O. & C.P.s' parts went out today BTW:

69_500

I know of 2 1968 Chargers that are in Hawaii. Which island are you going to?

bull

It's not a real popular place for classics. The rust is nasty there.

69_500

In the early 80's there was a HEMI Challenger Convertible in Hawaii as well.

greenpigs

A guy I sorta know bought his 68 from Hawaii.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Vainglory, Esq.

There was an occasional poster on the old board - I don't know that I've seen him here - who had a beautiful 69.  He had a very hawaiin username.  Not that I remember it, but I was something along the lines of kaeukeuaukeiauieika'a...or something like that... :P

bull

Quote from: Vainglory on September 02, 2006, 12:49:07 PM
There was an occasional poster on the old board - I don't know that I've seen him here - who had a beautiful 69.  He had a very hawaiin username.  Not that I remember it, but I was something along the lines of kaeukeuaukeiauieika'a...or something like that... :P

I think he got rid of that and bought a Roadrunner, '69 I think. I tried emailing him a few months ago but got no answer. He was a big help to me with my disc brake swap.

greenpigs

Wasn't it two girls one with a RR and the other had a 69 Charger?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

69_500

The two girls your talking about were in a Mopar Magazine I forget which one, I think it was Mopar Muscle in the readers rides section about 2 years ago.

But I was thinking more along the lines of 1 HEMI 68 R/T, and a 68 383 car.

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

tan top

if i remember correctly there is or was a plum crazy 70 charger 500   in Hawaii , still in the hands of the original owner , he ordered it while he was in the military , it was also in  Mopar Muscle ,  readers cars . it would of been a good few years back ,  it also appeared in a nother  MM  readers rides , same owner  in  California , can't remember witch was the last issue  though  :-\
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemigeno

Two '69 Daytonas were listed as being shipped there originally (to Honolulu), but neither of them have surfaced yet that I know of.

hemi68charger

Quote from: hemigeno on September 04, 2006, 06:28:43 PM
Two '69 Daytonas were listed as being shipped there originally (to Honolulu), but neither of them have surfaced yet that I know of.

Man, when I was TDY there with the Air Force I should have combed the island..  Pineapple Daytona....  I can see it now, a Daytona on the road near North Beach and a couple of surfboards strapped to the wing...  ;D
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

RECHRGD

I lived on Oahu between 1984 and 1993.  I worked across the street from a guy with a blue '68 or '69 GTX.  Can't remember his name though.   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Brock Samson

well i'm back and had a pretty good time,.. first time in  my life there, and i didn't even get a sunburn like i have on every other vacation my entire life..
6 days on Maui and the last 12 hours on..  oh i forget... must a been the sun,..
i saw only one classic there a white '66 merc. Montclair convert. outside snorkle Bobs'...
no mopars at all... the entire island is simply crawling,.. crawling with rental cars,.. we had a Pontiac Grand Prix which is comparable to my chrysler 300 M in many ways except I don't like it as much... not many furrin jobs there,.. some japanese cars but i saw only two porches and one audi in a week.. a few benzos, but nothing like here...
and yesterday on.. whatever it's called i picked out a Chevy Monte Carlo which was ok i guess,..
any how i'm back after a short one week vac. my first vac. in 7 years..
So howdy! everyone what I miss?..

dodge freak

Glad you made it back ok , missed seeing your feedback on me  :yesnod: :yesnod:

What did you miss ? Oh nothing its been real boring on here-wish some dumb rich bitch's would do something stupid so we could put her down. :angel:

moparsuebear

We went to Hawaii in August for a week and didn't see any classic chargers. Saw a lot of the new chargers, BARF! We were in Oahu, at Bellows Air Force Station, the most gorgeous beach in my opinion, in all of Hawaii! There weren't any crowds and we had a cabin on the beach. Our rental car was a convertable mustang. I usually hate Fords but that was a fun car to drive!!

Has anyone bought or test drove one of those Dodge Calibers? What's your opinion of it? I really like the way they look, but wonder if they are fast enough for me. Thanks!

-Susan (Mrs. AKcharger)
Go Bears!!

greenpigs

Quote from: moparsuebear on September 10, 2006, 07:55:51 PM
We went to Hawaii in August for a week and didn't see any classic chargers. Saw a lot of the new chargers, BARF! We were in Oahu, at Bellows Air Force Station, the most gorgeous beach in my opinion, in all of Hawaii! There weren't any crowds and we had a cabin on the beach. Our rental car was a convertable mustang. I usually hate Fords but that was a fun car to drive!!

Has anyone bought or test drove one of those Dodge Calibers? What's your opinion of it? I really like the way they look, but wonder if they are fast enough for me. Thanks!

-Susan (Mrs. AKcharger)

Wait for the SRT version as it will have 300 HP..that should get you to the coffee shop quick!
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Brock Samson

couple other things i forgot to mention...
Maui reminded me alot of san francisco in the late '60s early '70s with the all the young people hanging out, cept now they are covered in tattoos and have alot of metal things sticking out of their cheeks, noses, chins etc. now as i approch 50 years of age, these things are most querious to me...

Hey suebea.. as the seven large islands are surrounded by water how can that possibly be the nicest beach?...
ive seen about a dozen of them now and would withhold judgment till i had traveled around more...

also:
i had expected peace and quiet and a place to relax but at the first resort we stayed at, car alarms were going off about every 20 minutes,
besides which, everyone honked their rental car horns turning on their car alarms, there were garbage trucks banging debris boxes at 4 am. we had to ask the manager to turn down the piped in regga music to a level where we could think and the leaf blowers are out at 7 am...
and there were so many service personel with walkie talkies chattering among themselves outside our open window all the time it felt alot like disneyland which wasn't what i expected at all...
we finally moved to another location where I could actually hear the ocean waves...
so i guess you have to chose your hotel or residence carefully...
i got some fantastic photos by the way!

dd44068

Hey tan top was in maui for my honeymoon  in dec i think i came across the guy with the plum crazy 70 nice guy flew through a parking lot to check it out car was sweet. Brock sorry to hear you had a bad experience i loved it. Did you do the ride to hana, i would definetly go back.

Brock Samson

i didn't have a bad exp. at all i loved it We just didn't book the right lactation,.. I know better now though...  :yesnod:

AKcharger

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 10, 2006, 08:32:23 PM

Hey suebea.. as the seven large islands are surrounded by water how can that possibly be the nicest beach?...
ive seen about a dozen of them now and would withhold judgment till i had traveled around more...

Suebear is right it's the best beach

..and beside who made you the "official Hawaii beach opinion monitor"  people can give their own opinions without having to "qualify them" to you, give the lady a break!  ::)

moparsuebear

Here, here Akcharger!! You rock!!! Thanks for sticking up for me!! I don't need to see any other beaches to know I LOVE Bellows beach!!!  In fact, I don't even WANT to see any other beaches now!! LOL 

I thought we were all entitled to our own opinions anyway!!  You're the greatest AKcharger!! :D
Go Bears!!

AKcharger

Aww, that's OK my cute little snook 'ems :pity:

He probably didn't mean to be insulting

TPR

Hey Folks, I'm rehashing this very old topic as I'll be in Hawaii next week.
Any current members have a Charger or Mopar in Kauai, Oahu or the main island?
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

Baldwinvette77

i think i was in the 7th grade when this was started  :moon:

ODZKing

Sorry I didn't see this before.  There are several folks I had got aquainted with that have Mopars over there.
We got married in Hawaii.  Oahu, we've been several times.  Big island once.
There was a club called Mopars on the Rocks but they disbanded a few years back.
I've been trying to talk my wife into retiring there, at least for part of the year.  We loved it.

6spd68

Quote from: moparsuebear on September 10, 2006, 07:55:51 PM
Saw a lot of the new chargers, BARF!

You mean those fugly Chrysler 300's with body kits?
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

ncmiller1

My parents live in Kauai and when I was out there last year there was a classic car show at the Aston Aloha Beach Hotel in Kapaa.  The island car club/show was called "Cruzin' in Paradise" and there was a guy there with a '69 Charger with a '68 front grille.  He was in their local paper... here is the link:

http://thegardenisland.com/lifestyles/mopar-muscle-larry-koth-s-dodge-charger/article_3290174a-91bc-11e1-9baf-001a4bcf887a.html

If you ask around I believe they have cruises on Saturdays.

Mytur Binsdirti

I once dated a Hawaiian girl from Komeoniwannalayya.

TPR

Quote from: ncmiller1 on August 15, 2013, 05:53:20 AM
My parents live in Kauai and when I was out there last year there was a classic car show at the Aston Aloha Beach Hotel in Kapaa.  The island car club/show was called "Cruzin' in Paradise" and there was a guy there with a '69 Charger with a '68 front grille.  He was in their local paper... here is the link:

http://thegardenisland.com/lifestyles/mopar-muscle-larry-koth-s-dodge-charger/article_3290174a-91bc-11e1-9baf-001a4bcf887a.html

If you ask around I believe they have cruises on Saturdays.
Thanks for the lead.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

ODZKing

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on August 15, 2013, 08:01:06 AM
My first wife was from near Buffalo ... Lackawanna!  :smilielol:

AKcharger

Woo Hoo post resurrection!  :woohoo:

I spent a month on all the islands last year and never saw anything but Oahu has some I'm sure as there are TONS of people there. The drag strip is on Maui so that would be 2nd place I'd expect some. Molokai isn't that populated, same as lanai. Big Island and Kauai are possible for a few.

Tilar

Quote from: ODZKing on August 15, 2013, 10:34:34 AM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on August 15, 2013, 08:01:06 AM
My first wife was from near Buffalo ... Lackawanna!  :smilielol:

Maybe she knows a couple of my ex's.  :smilielol:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

pippo702

Last week I've bought a used dome light for my charger througt ebay (we left ours on the car before it got blastsanded...!!!) and I've found that it came from Maui..I find it funny because I was there with my wife in our honeymoon exactly one year ago..we really miss that place!!!
Anyway..I believ this means that someone there is playing with mopars.. :-)