News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fender Tag Information

Started by JMF, September 01, 2006, 04:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMF

Is there a way of getting the fender tag information from the Vin Number? Any websites which would do that? Or is there a report you can send off for or anything? I know with the classic Mustang's there is a Marti Report where you just provide the Vin Number and they send you a report with all the information about the car, cheers

hemigeno

'67 or older, yes (through Chrysler Historical).  '68 and newer, nope.  Pick your excuse for the latter:  Fire in the records department warehouse; thrown the records out accidentally; water damage from a sprinkler system discharge.  If those records ever do surface, they'll be worth a fortune.

JMF

Which one of those excuses is the official excuse?

Just 6T9 CHGR

I've heard the fire one the most....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger72SE

I got a letter from Chrysler saying it was a fire

69CoronetRT

Quote from: JMF on September 01, 2006, 04:59:33 PM
Is there a way of getting the fender tag information from the Vin Number?

Copies of the original IBM cards that were used to make the broadcast sheets are available for some cars for some years. Some I've seen are still not readable. Not all info was on a tag and the tag formats and the information they contain vary by plant.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.