News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where is everyone generally mounting their MSD?

Started by Ghoste, September 01, 2006, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorwayCharger

Quote from: Ghoste on September 27, 2006, 04:11:16 AM
I don't think I could have gotten one between the headlights and rad cradle.  The rotating headlight buckets in the 1st gens don't leave much room there for other parts.

I found this place for my MSD.
Run the wiring inside and out the cowl under the intake
I also designed a drip rail, so that the MSD module do not get wet (not on the pic´s)
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

1974dodgecharger

A383Wing

mines going in the bottom drawer of my cabinet...I'm in the process of switching over to the 4-pin GM HEI module on my cars

Chargen69

Quote from: dodge freak on September 01, 2006, 08:15:46 PM
Well the trunk is the best for hidding it and MSD tech says it work fine back there as long as both the pos. and neg. are hook right to the battery. I am to busy and lazy to move mine :-\

mine is behind my radio.  cant see it, and no heat issues

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: A383Wing on March 27, 2015, 10:07:10 AM
mines going in the bottom drawer of my cabinet...I'm in the process of switching over to the 4-pin GM HEI module on my cars

Since I switched over to msd it seems it takes awhile to crank it to turn over. Why is that? When it does turn over wow the idle is much better than the silver box, orange etc....I have used in the past.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on September 02, 2006, 01:26:34 AM
I mounted mine on someone elses vehicle !!

LOL

I actually prefer the Chrysler  ECU. They got it right the first time.

Ghoste

I think I'm going Firecore next and not bother with either the MP ecu or the MSD.

fy469rtse

Yep ghoste,
Like you , going with the fire core billit distributor, have clearance problems with my victors heads,
Going run firecore control box and coil,
Interesting thread, I was wondering where to mount box , probably going to mount under the washer reservoir,
Although I like that mounting point behind splash shield where radio antenna cord goes ,
How much splash and run off water would get in there though ?
Good spot  :2thumbs:
Sick of ignition problems , that's why the firecore

Ghoste

Another spot I used since this thread began was under the battery tray.  I forget why I moved it from the side by the washer bottle but I ended up mounting it on the side panel of the rad cradle under the battery tray.

tracpack440

I mounted my MSD under the dash to the front of the heater box. Out of site and away from the engine heat.  I run the Fire core Dizzy and Plug wires
1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana

devilgear

When I got my 73 Charger it was mounted on the passenger firewall. I always suspected it was getting too hot. So I mounted to the back of my glove box. I put stand offs on the screws so it don't lay flat. I can hear it click, but I did it several years ago and it seems fine and looks cool. Ha

303 Mopar

Not a Charger, but in my '71 Challenger I mounted the MSD behind the battery in my trunk in an effort to clean up the engine bay. I ran all the wires through a loom inside the fender well, along the pinch weld  and then in the engine bay through the splash shield.  I ran the battery cables through the frame rails. 

1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible