News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tesla! the Electric sportscar!

Started by 2fast4u, August 29, 2006, 09:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2fast4u

Anybody else seen this new car?   Made by Tesla motors this new roadster can go from 0-60 mph in 4seconds and is all electric.

It takes 3.5 hours to charge it fully and go about 250 miles before needing recharged.  This bigger version of the old Hot Wheels sizzlers can be had for about $100k.  You'll notice that the Cali. Gov. is checkin this out for a possible purchase when they're released in `07.

Check out the photo!

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Brock Samson

bull

Tesla, they were a great band. But, unlike this car, I bet they perform better when they're plugged in.

Seriously, I think 100% electric cars are the way to go for light duty commuting, grocery-getting, etc. I think a good way to make them viable for long trips is to make the battery packs universal and easily removable so they can be quickly changed out on the road at "battery stations" but that will probably never happen. If half of our cars were electric and the other half ran on gas and/or ethanol I think we'd be in pretty good shape. However, for $100k I'll be sticking to my Dakota at 19 mpg.

Side note: I think hybrids suck. The mileage is not much better (compare Prious to Yarus) and all you're doing is creating another layer of problematic systems that no one knows how to work on. KISS -- Keep It Simple, Stupid.

Silver R/T

its not too bad looking but for that price id be buying Ferrari
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Brock Samson

TruckDriver

Quote from: bull on August 29, 2006, 09:58:08 PM
Tesla, they were a great band.

Actually, they still are a good band. They were here for a show durring one of the county fairs.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

defiance

I don't know, I think I'd take this over a ferrari.  Have you seen the power/torque curves of electric motors??  :devil:

Plus, you get a MUCH more "distinctive" car- everybody'd be all, "Whoa, what's THAT??  It's COOL!"

Whereas with a Ferrari, you get the "It's COOL!", but not the "Whoa, what's THAT??" :P

This way everyone thinks you got some crazy esoteric car like a vector or something (which, btw, I SO want...) :)

bull

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on August 30, 2006, 05:01:13 AM
Quote from: bull on August 29, 2006, 09:58:08 PM
Tesla, they were a great band.

Actually, they still are a good band. They were here for a show durring one of the county fairs.

You're right, they're still going. Here in Oregon at the state fair we had Ted Nugent and The Steve Miller Band playing two different nights. I guess fairs are now one of the ways to relive one's youth. That and drikving a Charger.