News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

why dose every one want a 2 gen charger.......

Started by REDNECK, August 29, 2006, 04:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69DodgeCharger

Yo, 3rd gen man !

Nice cars, but not even close to the appeal of the 2nd generations. Although I did do quite well parting a brown one just like that.
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

pettyfan43

My two  toys are a first gen and a third gen. I have had MANY second generation Cars and I love them, unfortunately, I can't play with them anymore. THey have gotten WAY expensive.

BUT whether its the 66-67, the 68-70, OR the 71-74, the cool thing is, IT'S  A CHARGER, so it's all good!

I'd LOVE to have  a 68-70 to complete my "set". Each generation has its own style and its own unique personality. The best thing is that each one is LIGHT YEARS cooler than anything phord or shibby could dream up in the same year.

I can't wait to get my 66 on the road. I MISS haveing a cool car to cruise. I NEED a big block to hammer now and then!

SO take heart, no matter the bodystyle, it's still just too cool!

AKcharger

It's also the most recognizable shape with D.O.H and the fast and furious series

Back N Black

Quote from: AKcharger on November 24, 2018, 11:23:19 AM
It's also the most recognizable shape with D.O.H and the fast and furious series

12 years later. :icon_smile_big:

AKcharger

venecharger

Because of the "look", and this car's look sparks emotions for these reasons:

1) Uses Phi number (golden ratio 1.618) between its main proportions.
2) Has a "Coke Bottle" shape which resembles the woman's body shape.
3) Hidden headlights and "jet fighter intake" shape grille makes it look "mean" or "enigmatic", you can't see any expression (Headlights are like eyes and give "face expression" to cars).

Our mind is set by nature to like or consider as beautiful things with golden ratio proportions in their shapes, and more if they resemble human body.

That's why a '66 '67 Pontiac GTO, '70 Cuda or E-Type Jaguar are "beautiful" for many people.

And that's why non golden ratio boxy shapes make the most ugly cars! e.g. Vauxhall Allegro.

AKcharger

Quote from: venecharger on November 25, 2018, 08:56:11 AM

3) Hidden headlights and "jet fighter intake" shape grille makes it look "mean" or "enigmatic", you can't see any expression (Headlights are like eyes and give "face expression" to cars).

Good points!

NHCharger

LOL. I was reply#8 over twelve years ago saying I preferred the third gens. Since then I parted out the gold 72, sold my 71 SE to finance my Daytona clone project and built a 68  charger RT clone. Still have the Petty Blue 72.  Picked up a 79 Lil Red Express last year. I guess my tastes are expanding.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Ghoste

Do you think they used that Golden Ratio thing by design or was it just a happy accident?

F8-4life

Quote from: venecharger on November 25, 2018, 08:56:11 AM

Our mind is set by nature to like or consider as beautiful things with golden ratio proportions in their shapes, and more if they resemble human body.

That's why a '66 '67 Pontiac GTO, '70 Cuda or E-Type Jaguar are "beautiful" for many people.

And that's why non golden ratio boxy shapes make the most ugly cars! e.g. Vauxhall Allegro.

Good post. I agree but would also add a few obvious things. Beyond the general shape and proportions the car has all the right body lines. Crisp, draws the eye in and gives a impression of speed. Hood and door scoops, and the dueling upper body line is killer and is the foundation for a slightly wide body look on the frt/rear fenders. The right grill, right taillights. The C piller I would argue is the most beautiful ever put on an American car. The gas cap is icing on the cake.