News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1972 Bengal Charger revisted.

Started by hemi-hampton, August 29, 2006, 01:10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldfinger71

Hey Chris'
I should have made my post clearer.The 71 Hemi and Six-Pack Chargers are bringing good money,im well aware of it! :angel:I was actually reffering to the later' 3rd gens.Because 71's are 3rd gen's they are really the only ones bringing real good money.
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

THE CHARGER PUNK

I personally I love that car and I say that if u cant find any info besides those emblems that make it a ''bengal charger'' then i say go full blown resto and add every available option that you could order in 1972 on the charger model and i mean every single one but keep it hemi orange with black top and interior so the options would be like this,Sun roof,hideaway headlights,a/c,power steering,power disc brakes,
(se trim interior trim),dual sport mirrors,tuff wheel,dual exhuast,machine gun tips,tachometer,am/fm radio with recorder,bumperettes,window louvers,factory tinted windows,and lastly the rare 1972 option............the 440-6pack backed by a beefy 727 torqueflite with a dana 60 with 3.55 gears, i say make this car what every other 72 charger wanted to be, the last of the muscle cars, cuz i can say if it were my car thats the way it would go ROCK ON!!!!  :punkrocka:-MATT

twilt

Quote from: B5 BLUE CHARGER PUNK on September 01, 2006, 10:37:46 PM
I personally I love that car and I say that if u cant find any info besides those emblems that make it a ''bengal charger'' then i say go full blown resto and add every available option that you could order in 1972 on the charger model and i mean every single one but keep it hemi orange with black top and interior so the options would be like this,Sun roof,hideaway headlights,a/c,power steering,power disc brakes,
(se trim interior trim),dual sport mirrors,tuff wheel,dual exhuast,machine gun tips,tachometer,am/fm radio with recorder,bumperettes,window louvers,factory tinted windows,and lastly the rare 1972 option............the 440-6pack backed by a beefy 727 torqueflite with a dana 60 with 3.55 gears, i say make this car what every other 72 charger wanted to be, the last of the muscle cars, cuz i can say if it were my car thats the way it would go ROCK ON!!!!  :punkrocka:-MATT

Those are some great ideas. Sure is easy to figure out what to do with a car when you are spending someone elses money. :smilielol:

Goldfinger71

1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Chris G.

Quote from: Goldfinger71 on September 01, 2006, 09:27:36 PM
I was actually reffering to the later' 3rd gens.Because 71's are 3rd gen's they are really the only ones bringing real good money.

That's true, but to a 72-74 Charger lover, that's probably a good thing.  :yesnod:

RD

Quote from: Chris G. on September 02, 2006, 01:24:44 PM
Quote from: Goldfinger71 on September 01, 2006, 09:27:36 PM
I was actually reffering to the later' 3rd gens.Because 71's are 3rd gen's they are really the only ones bringing real good money.

That's true, but to a 72-74 Charger lover, that's probably a good thing.  :yesnod:

it sure is! :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: twilt on September 01, 2006, 08:16:12 PM

And since i didnt get any answer whatsoever in the earlier post...... as far as the 68 Bengal Chargers.... does a 318 68 Bengal Charger command significantly more $$ in the market place than other non Bengal 318 cars?  If they do, whats the difference % wise? an educated guess ?

just a question... weren't 68 Bengal Chargers ALL with 383 4bbl 727 ? so I don't know why 318 68 bengal floated on ??? is just a question, no discusion

By the way, I think the emblems itself could worth almost the complete car worth for a 68 Bengal Owner on ebay market :D

beside that, will be nice this stuff is for real... 72 Bengal for history
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

hemi-hampton

The 68 Bengal came with your choice of a 318, 383 & even a 6 Cylinder. Only about 10-12 of them were R/T's. All had black R/T Strip, even the 6 Cylinder Cars. LEON.

terrible one

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on September 02, 2006, 09:08:52 PM
Quote from: twilt on September 01, 2006, 08:16:12 PM

And since i didnt get any answer whatsoever in the earlier post...... as far as the 68 Bengal Chargers.... does a 318 68 Bengal Charger command significantly more $$ in the market place than other non Bengal 318 cars?  If they do, whats the difference % wise? an educated guess ?

By the way, I think the emblems itself could worth almost the complete car worth for a 68 Bengal Owner on ebay market :D

Nacho, I'm pretty sure that the emblems for the '68 Bengal Chargers are different than the ones on this car.

hemi-hampton

Heres the 68 Emblem, Different then the 72 Emblem. LEON.

8WHEELER

Quote from: hemi-hampton on September 02, 2006, 10:10:47 PM
The 68 Bengal came with your choice of a 318, 383 & even a 6 Cylinder. Only about 10-12 of them were R/T's. All had black R/T Strip, even the 6 Cylinder Cars. LEON.

Interesting, I have only seen and heard over the years that they were loaded AC and everything 383 cars, and the added stripe.
I have never heard there was actual RT's in there, do you have some paper work or web site I could check this out on?

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Troy

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on September 02, 2006, 09:08:52 PM
just a question... weren't 68 Bengal Chargers ALL with 383 4bbl 727 ? so I don't know why 318 68 bengal floated on ??? is just a question, no discusion

Quote from: 8WHEELER on September 03, 2006, 03:24:30 AM
Interesting, I have only seen and heard over the years that they were loaded AC and everything 383 cars, and the added stripe.
I have never heard there was actual RT's in there, do you have some paper work or web site I could check this out on?

Dan

Here's the info I posted the last time on the 68 Bengal Chargers:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,5309.msg62457.html#msg62457

There were supposedly 10-12 R/Ts but no Hemis. There were some slant 6 cars too.

I found this picture in an eBay ad that looks like a magazine article:

Look closely at car #3.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

8WHEELER

I have only seen two Bengal Chargers in person both were loaded with options and 383's. I wonder
where all the others are ''in barns'' they would bring big big money in this market.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: hemi-hampton on September 03, 2006, 02:05:19 AM
Heres the 68 Emblem, Different then the 72 Emblem. LEON.

Ok it could be just a key chain emblem ? LOL... joke...

For a 72 bengal charger.. if 68 had black R/T tail stripes, I would add the 71 R/T stripe along the body. Didn't need to have the rallye doors, just the stripes. just an opinion.

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Troy

More stuff that I found:

I'll start a new page for this topic so we have a better reference when the subject comes up.

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

hemi-hampton

Here's a 1968 Bengal Charger Newspaper Ad. Enjoy. Leon.