News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1972 Bengal Charger revisted.

Started by hemi-hampton, August 29, 2006, 01:10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi-hampton

I bought Deweys 1972 Bengal Charger. Heres some updates to some Questions asked. Yes, I did find a Broadcast sheet behind the back seat. NO, It's not original paint job. It is originally EV2 Hemi Orange but has had one repaint. Meaning maybe it is that Teachers old car but strip painted over in repaint? I'll try to post some pictures? LEON.

hemi-hampton

Rubbed that old dirty oxidized paint. Has some shine. LEON.

Ghoste

Nice, but the dog doesn't look all that impressed. ;D

Shakey

I would hope you plan on keeping those tires on the car when the resto is completed!   :D

THE CHARGER PUNK

cool, do u plan on a resto or whats the plan for the car?

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hemi-hampton

Todd Wilson

Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 30, 2006, 10:17:45 PM
BUT, would it be worth it on a 318 car? 5 years from now who knows, Maybe a $50,000+ car at Barret-Jackson? Maybe $100,000? Who knows, Not another mint restored one sold to compare it to?? If not worth it or no convincing documentation then maybe a quicky resto but I hate those. LEON

Might still be the 500$ car it is!!?!      :icon_smile_big:

Todd

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

hemi-hampton

Todd, So your saying a rare car with only 2 known to exist is only worth $500?  :scope: LATER. :rant:

tan top

like i said on the other thread about this charger , intresting for sure . did you find out what dealer it was sold from when new ?
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

twilt

Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 31, 2006, 01:47:40 AM
Todd, So your saying a rare car with only 2 known to exist is only worth $500?  :shruggy:Get a Clue. :scope: LATER. :rant:
I cant speak for Todd, but i think he was just yanking your chain a little for fun.   So are you saying that this car would be of particularly higher value because it is a "Bengal Charger" ?  (IF that can be documented)  Personally, I would find that hard to believe. My point of view is that" it is what it is" from the factory...being a low optioned  318/bench seat/column shift car.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but representing it as a rare 1 of 2 car with significant value is kind of ludicrous in my book.

41husk

If you like it restore it, drive it enjoy it. possible future investment is what you tell your wife when you want to fork over the cash, not what real car people care about.  Not saying that having a wing car or #s hemi, make any car guy think about value every now and again.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

hemi-hampton

RD

Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 31, 2006, 05:49:21 PM
Saying a Bengal worth no more is like saying the St. Louis Blues Challenger worth no more, or Mod Top no more, or Gator Grain no more, or funky colored one of strip no more, Or Panther Pink no more, Then why are Panther Pink cars so exspensive. Why is a 70 Hemi Cuda with 652 made worth so much? I like this car & will restore even if it was not a Bengal. Maybe I'll Tubb it with a Blown Hemi? LATER.

i believe everyone is just being realistic.  we do not want to rain on your parade, but until there is irrefutable evidence that your car is a bengal charger, then currently it is just what twilt stated that it was.

this follows along with something i say, as well as many others:

"Just because it is rare does not mean that it is desirable."

Take that with a grain of salt, because the car is only as desirable and worth as much as the owner is willing to put into it.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

twilt

Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 31, 2006, 05:49:21 PM
Saying a Bengal worth no more is like saying the St. Louis Blues Challenger worth no more, or Mod Top no more, or Gator Grain no more, or funky colored one of strip no more, Or Panther Pink no more, Then why are Panther Pink cars so exspensive. Why is a 70 Hemi Cuda with 652 made worth so much? I like this car & will restore even if it was not a Bengal. Maybe I'll Tubb it with a Blown Hemi? LATER.

As far as those comparisons,  those value added options were done by FACTORY and would have significant visual impact on the car. Hence, the added value. I would not pay a nickel extra for a car that a dealership threw on one or two small custom emblems. When it comes to 3rd Gen Chargers,which are my area of interest,  I dont use 318 and rare in the same sentence.

Chris G.

Quote from: RD on August 31, 2006, 11:01:22 PM
i believe everyone is just being realistic.  we do not want to rain on your parade, but until there is irrefutable evidence that your car is a bengal charger, then currently it is just what twilt stated that it was.

I believe from the original post, no paperwork was found by the original owner. If something pop's up now, I would be surprised. Heck, I thought the car was taken apart by Dewey when he bought? Sure enough you pop the back seat and bamm, there's the sheet. It's a cool car, and my gut tells me it's some sort of Bengal Charger from the dealer, but proving it and expecting people to pay big dollars is a whole 'nother deal. I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool to own though.

I couldn't agree more.  :yesnod:

hemi-hampton

hemi-hampton

Ghoste

But what if the only thing Mr. Norm added was an emblem on the side?  At the end, you shouldn't care what the car is worth or if it's pedigree can be proven.  Buy them and drive them because you like them. :-\

Goldfinger71

Hemi'................we are family here and it is the family who should be honest and give constructive critisism(did I spell that right?) :icon_smile_question:

You can not NMO compare this car to the car's you had listed.All those car's were at the high point of the "muscle wars"....
And I know that you are a good guy and know you can't compare those car's to a 72 318 Charger(bengal or not).The reason why the 2nd gen bengal Chargers are valuable is becuase 2nd gen Chargers have litteraly always had a strong following not just with Moparheads but with all kinds of gearheads.

3rd gen Chargers have never been accepted as true performance cars.Heck we are just really now starting to get some love! :yesnod:

Restore the car becuase YOU WANT TO!NOT FOR FUTURE PROFIT!...If you like the car build it.
It also doesn't make it valuable.....(to others)Beauty is in the eye's of a 72 Bengal Charger owner!....GOOD LUCK WITH IT! :icon_smile_cool:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Chris G.

Quote from: Goldfinger71 on September 01, 2006, 07:47:35 PM
3rd gen Chargers have never been accepted as true performance cars.Heck we are just really now starting to get some love! :yesnod:

GF71, I disagree. The '71 Hemi Charger is selling for big time bucks (more than a 68/69). The 6pack cars are also commanding big money. The right 3rd gen Charger could get some serious coin. They did some really cool things on 71-74 Chargers.

twilt

Quote from: hemi-hampton on September 01, 2006, 06:43:07 PM
TWIT, Hmmm, 69 Z-28 Camaros never came with that 302 Crossram from Factory, That was Dealer installed. How about those Yenco 427 Camaros, Chevelles, Novas & Nickey 427's & Baldwin Motion 427 & Dana 427 these are all Dealer installed & get big bucks, How about MR. NORM from Grand Spalding with all his 1969 440 Darts & 340 super charged GSS Demons, those are all dealer installed not Chrysler, So your saying these cars are worth nothing because not Factory made/installed. I think most people would disagree with that. LATER.

I will refrain from name calling or creative user ID modification..................More bad examples in my opinion. All are performance related enhancements. The Bengal is just custom dealer installed emblems.....whoopee frickin doo da   

And since i didnt get any answer whatsoever in the earlier post...... as far as the 68 Bengal Chargers.... does a 318 68 Bengal Charger command significantly more $$ in the market place than other non Bengal 318 cars?  If they do, whats the difference % wise? an educated guess ?

hemi-hampton

nh_mopar_fan