News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How do you desiced on new plugs?

Started by mikes68charger, September 12, 2006, 10:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikes68charger

I have a 360 new with 9.5 comp hyper tec piston, 2.02 in valves, with roller rockers, Weldon single plane with a 650 eldrbock ASV carb, 4 speed with od, 391 pos in the rear. I'm running election ignition, with the chrome mopar box, thinking of a MSD set up. SO how do you chose the write plug? I was told theres diffrent temp range, and they sell the E3 spark plugs at pep boy, look fancy but will it make more power?

dodge freak

It might with the Mopar unit but if you go with MSD they say to use only Standard plugs , no platinum or other fancy plugs. Something about the hotter spark will over heat and wear out those plugs very fast. For heat range MSD says to go 1 or 2 ranges colder-for your motor 2 steps colder sounds right.

Ghoste

:thumbs: I'd follow the same advice even without the MSD.

myk

I uh....bought what they had on hand for me, which were Bosch Platinums-no multi-tip deals, just a single tip.  I THINK I'm o.k. so far...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

mikes68charger

OK, stupid question. How can you tell if they are a colder or hotter plug?  How dose the part number change?

dodge freak

Yeah thats a good one-some plugs as you go up the last # it gets hotter but some-I think-get colder. Its best to call the plug manufacture - once you know what brand you like to try-and ask them , cause sometimes people get mix up.

I do know for sure that Accel plugs the last # is it. As you go down the plug is colder. For my small block 116 is the stock heat range-not plug cause its non-resistor, so to go colder you want a 115 or114 they go down to 112 I think.