News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Uh-oh. Rebody R/T on its way. Sold for $244.50

Started by bull, August 28, 2006, 03:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

probably because I am an asshole........ask anybody.
RECHRGED

TylerCharger69

Is it possible  that  this is one of the few pieces salvageable from the car....and the owner is oblivious to what he is doing?  Perhaps  he took the picture of the vin so one could verify it isn't stolen???   I'm just grasping for straws here.....I just can't see someone blatently trying to make an illegal transaction like that publicly

bull

Winning bid: US $244.50 

Not a bad price to upgrade your 318 car to an R/T. How much did it cost to upgrade to an R/T back in '68 and '69? Probably more than $244.50 I bet.

8WHEELER

Quote from: bull on September 04, 2006, 12:34:40 AM

Not a bad price to upgrade your 318 car to an R/T. How much did it cost to upgrade to an R/T back in '68 and '69? Probably more than $244.50 I bet.

Bull,  He still has no fender tag, no broadcast sheet, no matching body numbers. What can he do with it really? if
he tries to sell what ever he puts it in, there is no numbers to back it up so there would be no money in it.

I think you are getting all worked up over something that has no value, and even if somebody took it to car
shows, believe me people will go strait to the fender tag, and there will not be one on this car, not one that
would back up the vin, so people will assume clone I see people check that all the time.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

blackcharger

I sent in the VIN info on the '69 RT dash I have to the '69 registery, and told them the car was parted out. Is there a '68 regestery? I'll do the same with that one too.

bull

Quote from: 8WHEELER on September 04, 2006, 06:57:10 AM
Quote from: bull on September 04, 2006, 12:34:40 AM

Bull,  He still has no fender tag, no broadcast sheet, no matching body numbers. What can he do with it really? if
he tries to sell what ever he puts it in, there is no numbers to back it up so there would be no money in it.

I think you are getting all worked up over something that has no value, and even if somebody took it to car
shows, believe me people will go strait to the fender tag, and there will not be one on this car, not one that
would back up the vin, so people will assume clone I see people check that all the time.

Dan

You're probably right that nothing will come of it, however, I do believe the body numbers can be restamped and fender tags can be left off. The fact that we all know the VIN greatly decreases the chance of fraud to the informed but then hlpag is still going strong so it seems accountability doesn't go too far in this hobby.

I'm not getting worked up, I just think there's a potential for someone getting screwed. :flame: ;D Hopefully someone just needs a dash frame.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: derailed on August 28, 2006, 04:33:45 PM
Quote from: 6pkrunner on August 28, 2006, 03:56:48 PM
Even though it is highly illegal, eBay is a bit lax, plus swamped with these scams. For everyone they shut down, three pop up.
:iagree: I think all in all they do a pretty good job policing the sight but they are swamped with this kind of nonesense. They are usually pretty good about removing it when brought to there attention.

Then why don't they do something about those scum bastards from HLPAG?