News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

pics from todays show,what I could take before rain came

Started by 69 OUR/TEA, August 27, 2006, 04:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 OUR/TEA

This was the 21 st Chrysler Convention show at golf land in vernon,CT today.Was able only to take couple pics before it started to rain,but was a good turn out for a rainy day.Pics of my 68 coronet 440 that for this show decided to put on the original 13k mile tires and rims(pizza cutters),that have not been on this car since 1994 when it had the 13 k miles.Pics of my friends 69 R/T SE charger,row of chargers that showed up,and a charger convertable.

69 OUR/TEA

last two...

hotrod98

Nice pics and why does the 70 charger have a push bar? ???

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

69 OUR/TEA

genlee1970

Hey, nice pics. Too bad the rain started so early as there seemed to be quite a few sharp cars there worth  photographing. There was a pretty good turnout for a rainy day, and not too many people left when the rain started either. Thank God for that big tent.The food was pretty good as well.  Btw, that's my 70 Charger with the push bar.The General took third today. Anyone else on this board get a trophy today. Now's the time to brag a little. Let's hear it. Anyway, good show,despite the weather.       Al

69 OUR/TEA

Al ,I posted this event in the upcoming shows,if I knew you would have been there,I would have met up with you.

hotrod98

Nice looking GL there. Most of the GL's around here are 70's as well. I've had several people calling the shop requesting us to convert their chargers to GL's. Still haven't taken any deposits yet though. With the Vector's being available again, it will certainly make the parts hunting simpler.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

2fast4u

I really like the original mag wheels on your friends R/T SE.   I wish someone would make something like that again!

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

69 OUR/TEA

2fast4u,they are the kelsey hayes recall wheels,they do repo them now,but very costly.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

genlee1970

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on August 27, 2006, 07:41:23 PM
Al ,I posted this event in the upcoming shows,if I knew you would have been there,I would have met up with you.
Sorry, I haven't been on this site for a month or so, been real busy. I wasn't hard to find, the tent was only so big. Btw, where have we met?.....sorry, I talk to so many people. Anyway, are you going to the Hemi Owners Assn. show at OCC next week or the Moparts Tour the week after?      al

genlee1970

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 27, 2006, 08:15:18 PM
Nice looking GL there. Most of the GL's around here are 70's as well. I've had several people calling the shop requesting us to convert their chargers to GL's. Still haven't taken any deposits yet though. With the Vector's being available again, it will certainly make the parts hunting simpler.
Thanks HotRod. Yes the origional Vectors are hard to find at times, and quite pricey at that. The only problem with the new ones is that the 15 x 8 1/2's don't fit the front due to back spacing issues. I'm kind of addicted to the wall to wall rubber look myself (15 X 8 1/2's front and rear) so I snatch up origional 15 x 8 1/2's whenever I see them, just in case.
    There are plenty of people doing the decals and push/roll bars. Should be a snap to put one together.
    Btw, the 70 Charger convertible won first in my class on Sunday. He's the one who suggested I paint the front bumper body color, as the chrome just looks so wrong on a 70 GL. Works for me. Most non-Mopar people don't even notice. Now if I can only convince the world that I was the first with the painted front bumper when the Steve Strope 70 Charger comes out....he must've seen my car on this years Power Tour!!! You guy's will back me up, right?     al 

2fast4u

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on August 27, 2006, 09:50:19 PM
2fast4u,they are the kelsey hayes recall wheels,they do repo them now,but very costly.

Any links to or know how much per wheel 69 OUR/TEA?
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Brock Samson

i seen a '70 in sublime with a painted bumper at Reno's Hot August Nights approx. seven years ago, and I liked it then too...

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 2fast4u on October 06, 2006, 10:47:47 PM
Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on August 27, 2006, 09:50:19 PM

Any links to or know how much per wheel 69 OUR/TEA?

Fairly sure Specialty Wheels makes them but I dont see them listed on their site....

http://www.specialtywheelsltd.org/

Friend bought a set for his 69 Coronet R/T 'vert at Carlisle this year....cost him over 1K
Chris' '69 Charger R/T