News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I MUST apologize and eat crow like I said I would

Started by TylerCharger69, August 27, 2006, 11:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TylerCharger69

Well...thankfully, and GLADLY  I must apologize  to mopar-muscle988.  Apparently, like I said was a possibility in the first post on this topic, there was a family crisis he had to deal with, and that turned out to be true.  I hope everybody understands my reasoning and concerns for making the post that I did.   I've been taken before...hell... I've even been sent bricks!!!   We all have stuff happen, and I understand this.   Had I of known,  I wouldn't have thought twice about it.   "Take care of your crisis  and emergencies  and send my stuff when you can" is what I would've said.   I heard nothing  and I got worried.  I hope everything worked out for the best, mopar-muscle988.   A thousand times I apologize.   What more can I say?    I'm eating crow  just like I said I would.....and with the relief I'm feeling right now over this.....well.....crow  kinda tastes good right now!!!   

Charger_Fan

I'm glad it turned out favorably, even if you did jump the gun a bit.  :icon_smile: We're all guilty of that, from time to time.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TylerCharger69

dodgecharger-fan

Well, you don't know what you don't know until you know it, right? You had no idea what was going on until you heard from him.

It's sad that one's first instinct is to worry about being taken, but that's the nature of eBay - primarily because of a few bad apples.

I don't think anyone blames you for worrying - at least I don't. Hearing SOMETHING as opposed to nothing is a lot easier to deal with.

I just went through a transaction that took over a month to complete. However, communication was decent from the seller, so I was not as worried. It turns out the problem was with the post office at my end things. But until I got the "final" delivery notice (which was the first I had actually received), I didn't know what was going on - so.. I didn't know what I didn't know until that point.

I think it's good of you to speak up like this and "eat crow" as you put it. A lot of people wouldn't do that.

Good going!

and I hope things work out for you and 988.

derailed

I think you did what most of the rest of us would have done when there was no response to your emails. Glad things are straightened out.

tan top

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on August 27, 2006, 11:21:45 AM
I'm glad it turned out favorably, even if you did jump the gun a bit.  :icon_smile: We're all guilty of that, from time to time.
:iagree:  good to hear every thing is sorted out
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

TylerCharger69

well...dodgecharger-fan......sometimes we must eat a little of that crow.....I stated that if this was the case,  then that's what I'll do.....but as I say......right now....this crow tastes gooooooooood!!!!!!   Pass the salt please

Drache

If you need... I have a really good recipe for cooking crow so it won't go down as hard lol!  :icon_smile_tongue:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

TylerCharger69

lol....I need all the recipes I can get right now...lol    I feel pretty rotten right about now

blackcharger

unfourtinatly, the days of a hand shake deal may be largly over, thanks to a few rotten apples. The likes of Halpig and others have invaded our hobby. Also for the most part, when we do a deal, we never will know the person on the other end. You may or may not have jumped the gun. But most of us worry when we get no responses.

Dave

TylerCharger69

Well...I don't know who Halpig is.....probably way before my time,  but you are correct....the old days of a mans word and a handshake are over,  so you really never know who you are dealing with.  I'm just happy  I finally got a response.  I don't want people to think that I am heartless upon their misfortunes, crisis' etc.....I totally understand that....we all have them from time to time.  I just hope that everything worked out for mopar-muscle988  for the best.  I've actually had somebody supposed to sell me a wndshield wiper motor  over ebay...and I got.....bricks....literally.....two bricks.   Everything will be cool  as far as this transaction is concerned between myself and mopar-muscle988.....I hope he accepts my apologies.  I have no problem apologizing when an apology is due.

whitehatspecial

Tyler
Glad things are working out for you. It is possible that your last email to the seller prompted his response and the "crisis" was a bs story. 
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

TylerCharger69

Well....you could be right, but I read a post that he posted that wasn't directed to only me, but others too, which tells me there are others waiting on parts.  I'm just happy to get a response.   It was all I asked for from the beginning.  I've had things happen to me, crisiswise, during an Ebay transaction so I was delayed in getting their merchandise to them.  However, I DID keep in communication with them letting them know what was going on.  You do make a good point though.

TruckDriver

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on August 27, 2006, 11:21:45 AM
We're all guilty of that, from time to time.

Ain't that the truth, I just went through that with another long time member here, sucks when it happens.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

NHCharger

Well you might have jumped the gun a little, but you never know these days. On my very first on-line transaction I got burned by a member on the old Charger board. (Leon Helka a/k/a Leon's Mopars or Colorado Mopars). Makes you very leery about trusting anyone on the internet. Glad everything worked out for you.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Brock Samson

that's why we suggested ya' wait till sat or sunday to hear something back, just in case..  :icon_smile_wink:
oh well,. sometimes ya' gotta go with your gut....  :P

blackcharger

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on August 27, 2006, 02:18:31 PM
Well...I don't know who Halpig is.....probably way before my time, 

unfortunatly, Halpig is a current problem. They sell in the trade mags, and on ebay. They take junkyard garbage, slap about 55 gallons of bondo on each side of a piece of swiss cheese, add an O1, and call it a Charger. They have taken a few members on this board. Sold one a Charger that "needed" some work, and when the car was delivered, there were no rear frame rails. Just rusted remains.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Blue Pentastar

So have you recieved your wheels I believe it was or just a response so far? If you got the wheels lets have a picture. I think it was wheels right?

Mike
69 Charger White Hat Special  
04 Chrysler 300M Special
99 Ram 3500 Dually Diesel

TylerCharger69

Actually...I got a response finally.   I was told my rims will be sent out on the 30th  along with items other people has purchased....but....as soon as I get them, I will post a pic of them!!!

6pkrunner

Well your original story certainly had me also thinking the owrst had happened. Glad it worked out for you, and hopefully it isn't too bad a situation for the seller.
Time - what a concept and what a difference a day makes.

bull

No trying to stir the pot here but you might hold off on the crow dinner until after the parts are actually in your hands.

Lowprofile

Sometimes, eating Crow is not that bad......... :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Lowprofile on August 28, 2006, 01:53:46 PM
I'd be ok with that, as long as she doesn't talk. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TylerCharger69

LOL...thanks bull...I will keep that in mind!!!

Blown70

Quote from: Lowprofile on August 28, 2006, 01:53:46 PM

Now that is a crow I may lick like a lollie pop.... ;D :-X  sorry :icon_smile_blackeye:

Blakcharger440