News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone heard of this? Chrysler punching a new Hemi out to old CID?

Started by bull, August 25, 2006, 10:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/news/return-of-the-super-commando-392-hemi-135429.php

Basically they took a 6.1 Hemi and turn it into a 392 ci. And the other one is an LA-series 340 Resto Block stroked and bored out to 440.

firefighter3931

Curtis, that avatar pic is killing me ! Every time i open a thread you've posted in and see Dr. Z with the  :devil: sign i start to laugh my ass off.  :lol: Thanks for the entertainment dude !

Sorry, no answer for your question on the new motor. Chrysler stopped making hemi engines back in '71  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

bull

Quote from: firefighter3931 on August 25, 2006, 11:01:42 PM
Curtis, that avatar pic is killing me ! Every time i open a thread you've posted in and see Dr. Z with the  :devil: sign i start to laugh my ass off.  :lol: Thanks for the entertainment dude !

Sorry, no answer for your question on the new motor. Chrysler stopped making hemi engines back in '71  :icon_smile_big:

Ron

Yea, that's kind of what I was thinking too.

Glad you like my new picture. I was waiting for someone to notice that.

Chryco Psycho

I love the Av too
yes I heard of a new 392 cube version of the new hemi

Plumcrazy

I don't know about the Hemi but I did see a flyer from Chrysler at work a couple months ago that showed the 440 ci small block.

Maybe I'll buy one of those and have my Eddy heads ported for it.   Then go out and drive all the big block guys crazy.  :stirthepot:

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

firefighter3931

Quote from: Plumcrazy on August 26, 2006, 08:46:08 AM
I don't know about the Hemi but I did see a flyer from Chrysler at work a couple months ago that showed the 440 ci small block.

Maybe I'll buy one of those and have my Eddy heads ported for it.   Then go out and drive all the big block guys crazy.  :stirthepot:

Forget that, just come to the dark side and build a Big Block !   :devil:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Ghoste

firefighter3931

Ghoste

As long as they are smallblock Mopars it's all good I guess.  Those mouse things just creep me out though. :o

Plumcrazy

Quote from: firefighter3931 on August 27, 2006, 06:19:05 PM
Quote from: Plumcrazy on August 26, 2006, 08:46:08 AM

Forget that, just come to the dark side and build a Big Block !   :devil:

Ron

You're scared aren't you Ron.  :icon_smile_big: Now that you realize it's not necessary to drag all that dead weight around.  :nana:

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

firefighter3931

Quote from: Plumcrazy on August 27, 2006, 07:32:00 PM

You're scared aren't you Ron.  :icon_smile_big: Now that you realize it's not necessary to drag all that dead weight around.  :nana:

:lol:.....naw, not really but i do have a newfound respect for smallblocks after having been in Rob's Cuda with the 408 stroker. It's a pretty mild build yet pulls hard like a strong 440. The 4in stroke is the difference even though the bore is smaller.  :yesnod:

I'm just so used to seeing big blocks in Chargers that anything else just seems "out of place".  :icon_smile_approve:

Ron