News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

electric fuel pump location

Started by emanscharger, June 18, 2006, 07:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emanscharger

Hey guys,

looking for some help here..I'm having trouble finding a spot for my electric fuel pump, i have a stock gas tank in place with a half inch sending unit, i have a 3 inch tti exaust system that takes most of the room in the inner frame rail area..any ideas?  pics?  thanks!   Erich

71440charger

hey man are you german or german decent have only seen like 3 people who spell their name like mine
The Killer Cam

emanscharger

My father was from germany..so yeah..the h is a german thing!  Erich

Ghoste

A friend of mine has his mounted on the shock crossmember at what would be the end to end centerline of the car.

NorwayCharger

Quote from: Ghoste on June 19, 2006, 11:31:52 PM
A friend of mine has his mounted on the shock crossmember at what would be the end to end centerline of the car.

Like this??
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

cool440

Electric fuel pumps are designed to push fuel so you want to locate it near the tank.

I mounted mine just forward of the tank.  Bolted through to the back of the trunk area. 

I would also recommend using hard rubber to dampen the vibration.  Mine was loud until I fashioned a noise damper with rubber.  You'll see what I mean if you don't.  The pump resonates through the car if you don't dampen it with a rubber buffer.

Have fun

Michael
69 Charger (R/T clone), 440 (60 over bore) edelbrock performer RPM top end, balanced, nothing second rate) over 500hp, new drive train, 727 rebuild manual shift reverse valve train, TTI headers and exhaust, painless wiring, autometer phantom gauges.  My true garage resto! Very Proud of her.

dkn1997

there was a duster in on of the mopar mags a few years ago.  that guy used a corvette "in tank" pump.  he modified a stock sending unit and mounted into a stock tank with no mods.  looked pretty easy.  I am toying around with this idea myself.  that would certainly dampen the noise...
RECHRGED

emanscharger

thanks for all the info and pics guys! it helped very much!  Erich

firefighter3931

It's allways preferable to mount the pump lower than the tank.  ;) You can fab up a bracket and keep the pump low and away from the tailpipes. As mentioned above, a rubber isolator will keep noise down. The Mallory pumps are pretty descent.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs