News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger Dash Pad

Started by Chatt69chgr, August 24, 2006, 07:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chatt69chgr

A year ago, Legendary Auto Interiors told me that they were not happy with the quality of the dash pad they were selling.  They said it was not straight and mentioned that the one being sold by Year One was the same.  At that time, I couldn't find anyone making a repro dash pad.  Legendary said to call back in a year (this fall) and that they might have one then.  I called them today.  Guy told me they still didn't have one but to keep checking back.  I suspected that was the usual line they give everyone so questioned him a little further.  I asked what luck they were having in finding a supplier and who might be the person handling this.  He basically told me their R&D dept handles this type of thing but that Legendary doesn't sell any dash pads and that they probably are not going to.  Looks like this potential source is out.  It irks me to have to deal with Just Dashes and pay what they want.  Anybody have any leads on where to get a decent repop dash pad?  I wonder if Peter Gee with PG Classics would be interested in this product------and a repop upper door panel would be nice too.

694spdRT

Be thankful they dropped the pad before you bought one. I got one of the junkers sitting on my shelf and it is not worth the shipping cost to get it. Look around for a good OEM pad. I found one at a swap meet for $200 in perfect shape.

The other option some have used is the plastic dash cap but I don't know the resto quality you are after.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

JimShine

I went with the cap. It isn't bad and most people do not even notice it is a cap. I disliked it at first and only used it until I could find a nice original pad. But I think I will leave it on now.