News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stay AWAY from this Guy

Started by Gary42, August 22, 2006, 08:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary42

As many of you already know, some of us like to look for affordable and quality parts to help with the restoration projects. Well needless to say, I have attempted to do just that, and have I learned the hard way about trusting that I am buying a part that looked like it was quality.
I bought a quarter panel off e-bay for my 72 Rally, yes I was told about some shady people, epically from Hotrod, that like to do business but thought that I could really trust this guy after a week of communication and photos of the quarter panel.
After paying $187.00 for the panel and shipping what I got was something that looked like this guy produced it in his run down old garage in his back yard.
The body lines are not even close, the radius over the wheel well was an even bigger joke, and the total quality was just nothing more then something from the local hardware store.
When Hotrod seen what I had gotten, I know it was all he could do to hold back the laughter. Not because I was taken for an expensive ride, but for the fact that my thirteen year old daughter could have done a better job at producing this quarterpanel.
This guy goes by the name of classicparts4u. Once I realized I was taken, I contacted this guy and tried to get this problem fixed. Needless to say this guy got the money, and I got the screwing of the century.
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS GUY, run as fast as you can the other way or you will get screwed as hard as I did. I guess he needed the money more then I did, I just wished I was there to see this shit head choke on it when he went to spend it.
Gary
1972 Dodge Charger, Rally edition
2010 Dodge Challenger, Rally package
"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest."

- Mark Twain

DarkAngel0816

I am sorry to hear about this.  Kind of sucks for he has a huge number of things he has sold with a pretty decent feedback. 

I have been lucky with things on ebay I have bought thankfully.
I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone

hotrod98

Gary has every right to be upset with this guy...I've seen the part. I've never seen a sheet metal part this bad in my entire life. It's made from a piece of sheet metal and has absolutely no radius to it whatsoever. The sides are totally flat and the body lines aren't anywhere near where they should be.
Gary's a big ol' boy and I wouldn't want to piss him off. :icon_smile_blackeye:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

DarkAngel0816

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 22, 2006, 10:05:01 PM
Gary has every right to be upset with this guy...I've seen the part. I've never seen a sheet metal part this bad in my entire life. It's made from a piece of sheet metal and has absolutely no radius to it whatsoever. The sides are totally flat and the body lines aren't anywhere near where they should be.

I do not think I said anything that would piss him off.  I am just one of those ebayers who tend to trust the feedback and if I see one that is like 99 percent and above from like a powersellar I would more in likely buy from them.  And if I got screwed I would have been pissed off as hell.  I think he has every right to be mad.  :icon_smile_angry:

Sorry if y'all thought I was making a comment stating he had no right to be upset...
I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone

Wakko

Did you leave him negative feedback?
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Gary42

I am a type of guy that likes to give the seller the benefit of the doubt, that is until he/she screws me like he did. Yes his rating is high, but look back on the things that he has sold. None of the things that he has sold is close to the quarter I bought from him.
Once e-bay had contacted him, he said he would work with me to get this problem undercontrol. Yes he did very good to keep me going, until the time limit was up that I could do anything about it, and in fact e-bay said basically the same thing.
I gave him a good rating due to the fact that I got the quarter on time, and that he had packaged it well. I attempted to withdrawl the feedback, but once again e-bay would not work with me. Then e-bay attempted to get me to pay another $50.00 for a mediator who could not guarantee any good results, but that they would try to get him to do the right thing.
Yes I might me 6'3" and 245 lbs. but I try not to get too upset at people that try to do me wrong, that is until I truly think that they screwed me on purpose. Needless to say I think I have been screwed on purpose, so I hope that he saved enough of that money to pay for the hospital bills that will follow the ass kickin he will get if we are to meet someday.
Always remember one thing, this world is not all that big and good things come to those to wait.

- Mark Twain

Drache

Ok is anyone else willing to pitch in some money? If we get enough we can either A) But him a new quarter panel, or B) put him on a plane with someone and a video camera to go meet this guy!  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Daytona R/T SE

I've seen this type of quarter panel before, they're the type that J.C Whitney sells--total garbage. When I bought my '70 a few years ago the seller had "thrown in" with the car a pair of these crappy quarter panels-as soon as I got home these panels got "thrown in" to the dumpster  :flame:

Sorry to see you took a reaming on this one, Gary.  

I'm 6'4" 285 lbs and REALLY UGLY... just in case you need back-up on this one  ;)

bull

Is it one of these deals?

azraelck

That's suppossed to be a 2nd gen quarter?

Man, that sucks big time. People like that should be charged with fraud. Then hung.
For every good man that is born, another good man must die.  Yet somehow the
factory keeps pumping out losers and we have no idea how to get rid of them.
--Kersus

twilt

Here is a link to one of the sellers 73-74 1/4 panels. One look at the pic tells me all i need to know. Its a hand made peice of garbage. You get what you pay for............. and you will NEVER get a quality new 1/4 panel for a 100 bucks. 
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/QUARTER-PANEL-DODGE-CHARGER-1973-74-NEW_W0QQitemZ140015800522QQihZ004QQcategoryZ42611QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gary42

Bull,
That is exactly the quarter panel that I have. The pics he sent looked like a really quality panel, that was until I opened the box, in front of Hotrod and the guy working on my car, and saw what I had. It would be different if we could use just some of the panel to make patches, but it is not even good enough for that either.
Daytona R/T SE, thanks for the offer of back-up but I still believe in the old fashion way, you are either going to get the respect you deserve or you will end up giving it. Thank goodness I have never had to give it, and I have no plans on doing so at this time. I retired from the US Army 4 years ago, might have put on a couple of pounds, but I will never forget what the US Army, British, German Rangers, or the French Commandos have taught me how on how to take care of guy like him.
I am sure that we will meet someday, I just hope that it is sooner rather then later.

- Mark Twain

whitehatspecial

If you paid with PayPal you might have some recourse. They will intervene on your behalf to resolve the issue.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

resq302

First, Paypal is owned by Ebay.  Secondly, my father had a claim with paypal when he paid for a carburator for his 70 El Camino SS 396 and they guy up in Canada never sent it.  Lied saying it was sent twice coming back underliverable and/or refused.  We never saw any box from him.  Anyway, dad put a claim in through paypal and according to paypal, all they could get my dad out of the $400+ was a mere $139.  Supposedly that is all that the guy had in his paypal account and that is all that paypal could get from him to compensate my dad.  One thing that you might be able to do is if you in fact did go though paypal, you could try to contact your credit card company and explain to them what happened and they might be able to reverse the charges.  If you paid by a postal money order, contact the postal inspector as that would be classified  as postal fraud which is a federal offense and a criminal offense.

Good luck trying to get your car finished.  I know I have taken some blows when I have gotten parts and working on the car.  Sometimes you just need to know when to walk away and have a beer, then come back the next day and everything seems to fall into place.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

hotrod98

Quote from: DarkAngel0816 on August 22, 2006, 10:06:41 PM
Quote from: hotrod98 on August 22, 2006, 10:05:01 PM

I do not think I said anything that would piss him off.  I am just one of those ebayers who tend to trust the feedback and if I see one that is like 99 percent and above from like a powersellar I would more in likely buy from them.  And if I got screwed I would have been pissed off as hell.  I think he has every right to be mad.  :icon_smile_angry:

Sorry if y'all thought I was making a comment stating he had no right to be upset...

Wasn't referring to you..I was kind of referring to anyone that sold Gary inferior parts.  ;D

Charles Addams

chargerkid

I know it was mentioned here before not to buy that quarter panel.  You can tell its not the right one by seeing how flat it is in the picture.  A friend locally got those quarters and laughed when he got them.   

4402tuff4u

Report him to ebay. The merchandise he advertised is obviously not what you thought you were getting. Going around and threatening someone will most likely get you in trouble and over $ 200 it's not worth it. If he is in fact a deceiving individual, misrepresenting merchandise, I assure you that it's just a matter of time before he gets his. "What goes around, comes around!" :yesnod:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

hotrod98

I guess we just handle things different here in the south.  ;D

Charles Addams

Gary42

First things first: I did contact PayPal initially and like you all probably know, they wanted to stay out of it and let the buyer and seller resolve the issue first. True; they did notify him that there was a complaint, he did respond to their e-mail, as he refused to contact me or send me one directly, so that should have been the key for them to know that he intentionally misrepresented what he was selling to the public.
Like I said in the previous response, they did help try to resolve this until it became as they put it "TOO LATE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT NOW." I truly believe that they are as much to blame for this as he was, as they could have resolved this in the very beginning and not allowed him to continue to sell things until this issue was resolved.
As you all are very much aware, e-bay and paypal are there to make money, and if they have to take money from the seller and give it back to the buyer, they lose money and they are not about to lose anything from their pockets.
Second: I was only aware of this scam after purchasing it, and it was only because Hotrod remembered that there was something posted sometime ago. I guess it was on me for not asking the real experts first before buying something that I thought would make the resto process easier. He (Hotrod) said that I should post what happened and remind everyone that this guy is one to stay away from. Maybe there should be a section on here with a list of unscrupulous sellers of classic parts. This is merely a suggestion as some of us non-experts can look through the list for sellers to stay away from.
Third: I do not, nor will I ever make a threat to anyone on here or somewhere else in this world. I merely make a promise that because we live in such a small world, our paths will cross someday and I am sure I will get back what is rightfully mine. Like Hotrod said, we do things a little different here in the South and screwing your your neighbor is not one of them. If it happens so be it, but always keep in mind that "Patients are such a virtue to poses," and I am in no big hurry as I got nothing but time on my hands.

- Mark Twain

ChargerSG

You can write a comment under the feedback you left, check site map and there check Community...
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Silver R/T

spend extra money and buy good quality part
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

hotrod98

Quote from: Silver R/T on August 23, 2006, 08:39:22 PM

Are repro '72 quarter panels available? I was thinking that only the 73-74 panels were available. Since these cars started rusting the day they were assembled, good factory panels are impossible to find.

Charles Addams

bull

Did you happen to read anything above your post?

Anyway, here's an auction that featured those junk JC Whitney panels. They went for $69 which is still too much. It's defintely a bait and switch scam and I'd do all I could do to at least get my money back. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/dodge-charger-quarter-panel-1968-1969-1970_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34204QQihZ016QQitemZ260012685941QQrdZ1

smasherofall

Quote from: bull on August 23, 2006, 11:24:52 PM

Did you happen to read anything above your post?

Anyway, here's an auction that featured those junk JC Whitney panels. They went for $69 which is still too much. It's defintely a bait and switch scam and I'd do all I could do to at least get my money back. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/dodge-charger-quarter-panel-1968-1969-1970_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34204QQihZ016QQitemZ260012685941QQrdZ1

I posted about that guy before, STAY AWAY   http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,16494.msg183267.html#msg183267

BLACKWOLF

THOSE ARE TABCO PIECES MADE IN CANADA. THE ARE HAND BENT NOT DIE STAMPED. WHEN I WAS SELLING BODY PARTS FOR MOKAN AUTO BODY SUPPLY IN KANSAS CITY WE SOLD THEIR PARTS AND THE SHOPS WOULD SEND THEM BACK. THEY ARE THE SAME ONES THAT AUTO BODY SPECIALTIES SELLS. IF THEY DON'T HAVE THE BLACK PRIMER ON THEM, I WOULDN'T BUY THEM. MUSCLE CARS INC. HERE IN INDEPENDENCE WON'T EVEN SELL THEM.
LINNY SMITH 73' CHARGER OWNER HPAC MEMBER NATIONAL STREET MACHINE CLUB LIFE MEMBER
I'M ON FACEBOOK

Gary42

Well here is an update:
Seems as though this guy has found the right path and all of a sudden is willing to work with me, after sending numerous e-mails to e-bay and paypal. I also left additional feedback to the last one I left.
Well he is now willing to return $125.00 of the money and for me to keep the panel. I cannot even use the metal for patches, so what the heck and I going to do with it. I guess that is fair seeing as he wanted me to pay the shipping cost back to him, yet another $80.00. I will accept his offer and chalk this up to experience. I guess when ever I need something and I think that I am doing the right thing/s, I will post something here or get with Hotrod first maybe I will save myself the hassle and the crap I went through just getting here.
I thank each and everyone that left advice/suggestions, as a combination of each seem to have been more then he could handle. I guess $87.00 is not too bad to get screwed out of, heck I could have gotten nothing.
Thanks again,
Gary

- Mark Twain

Silver R/T

glad you got partial money back, even that helps.
You probably would've been better off going to junk yard and cutting on 1/4's from honda and fitting them on charger (with better fit jk) than having those
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Gary42

The funny part of it is, You are more right then you will ever know. I do have a set right now that is being prep-ed for etch priming, and another set still on a donor car. I just thought I could make the process go faster by buying these, instead of repairing the original ones.
I know what you will all say, "I told you so." I will know better next time.

- Mark Twain

hemi-hampton

Learn fom your Mistakes, Buy some from Sherman & Associates or Goodmark. Better yet solid rust free donors, or better yet NOS if you want to wait a few years to find them & spend a few grand. The lesson learned here should be never try to take short cuts to save money or Quality will suffer. LEON. :yesnod:

hotrod98

The point that many of you are missing is the fact that no one has repro quarter panels for 71-72 chargers. This guy implies that he has a part that he just doesn't have. Gary was not trying to take a shortcut. He was misled as to what he was purchasing. If you guys have found good repro quarters for 71-72 chargers, let us know. They're low on the list of priorities for the repro sheet metal producers since they are each one year only pieces. While the shape is the same, the marker lamp areas are different. The 73 and 74 panels are identical so they were reproduced first. The only real option is to find rust free or mostly rust free original quarters from a donor car which is getting more and more difficult.

Charles Addams

hemi-hampton

I thought I seen these in my Sherman Catalog? #172-86? LEON

Gary42

Not sure ofthat as I have not seen this catalog before. I do know that he is now playing e-mail tag, and giving me excuse after excuse as to why he has yet to return the $125 he said he was going to return. First he says that it was up to me and that he had no problem returning the money, then he says that he thought I was going to resell the quarter. Like I told him, I could not do that to someone else, as I know it is worth nothing more then the laughs I get over it now.
Heck if i could sell it to someone, it would be for the shipping costs only as they would find out fast that I got screwed and it is not even worth the shipping costs it self.

- Mark Twain

glenh2nd

I have learned from experience that you should always pay by credit card, even through Paypal. Paypal boasts about their so called "buyer protection" but it is all a load of crap. They have so many rules and regulations that they can always find one to go against you. Your credit card company will charge the seller back in 2 seconds flat.

Glen
Glen Howlett
Razzari Dodge Chrysler
1605 Auto Center Drive
Merced, Ca. 95340
(888) 523-7102
www.razzari.com
ghowlett@razzari.com

Gary42

Well finally some good news, I guess this guy had a heart after all and decided to return part of the money. I guess $125 in return is not so bad after all, I could have gotten nothing in return.
Thanks so much for all the input and the suggestions, next time I will be a bit more cautious when it comes to buying parts that I think could really help the cause. Make sure that everyone does not forget what I went through, as this guy is still trying to sell these parts to other unsuspecting individuals.
Thanks,
Gary

- Mark Twain

hemi-hampton

A Friend of mine here in Detroit Area bought some of these inadequate cheap replacements from same guy. I seen these 6 months ago before I seen this Complaint. I said those are Garbage. He seems happy with them & little concern or knowledge for how poor Quality they are. Unfortunately for every one guy that complains he finds 9 more unknowledgable clueless individuals that seem to think they are fine & nothing wrong with them. ??? This is the saddest part. Frustrating :icon_smile_sad: for me because he wants me to install this garbage on his car. I want nothing to do with it because once I install & they look like crap then I like like the Idiot. Sabotage & Framed. :icon_smile_angry: Not good. LATER.

Gary42

The disgusting part about this whole thing is he claimed that he sold 15 pairs of these quarters this year alone, and that I the only one that complained about them. As hard as it is to believe, he is probably right, as there are too many scammers out there taking these cheap pieces of crap and installing them on cars and reselling them.
I guess I will stick to the old adage when it comes to this guy, "What goes around, comes around." someday he will get his in return, and that is when he sells them to some crazy guy that does not think that losing his hard earned money is a joke and he pulls the same scam on him.
He should stick to selling his nuts and bolts and leave the rest to the experts.

- Mark Twain

smokinrt

Quote from: Gary42 on August 22, 2006, 08:59:22 PM
As many of you already know, some of us like to look for affordable and quality parts to help with the restoration projects. Well needless to say, I have attempted to do just that, and have I learned the hard way about trusting that I am buying a part that looked like it was quality.
I bought a quarter panel off e-bay for my 72 Rally, yes I was told about some shady people, epically from Hotrod, that like to do business but thought that I could really trust this guy after a week of communication and photos of the quarter panel.
After paying $187.00 for the panel and shipping what I got was something that looked like this guy produced it in his run down old garage in his back yard.
The body lines are not even close, the radius over the wheel well was an even bigger joke, and the total quality was just nothing more then something from the local hardware store.
When Hotrod seen what I had gotten, I know it was all he could do to hold back the laughter. Not because I was taken for an expensive ride, but for the fact that my thirteen year old daughter could have done a better job at producing this quarterpanel.
This guy goes by the name of classicparts4u. Once I realized I was taken, I contacted this guy and tried to get this problem fixed. Needless to say this guy got the money, and I got the screwing of the century.
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS GUY, run as fast as you can the other way or you will get screwed as hard as I did. I guess he needed the money more then I did, I just wished I was there to see this shit head choke on it when he went to spend it.
Gary
gary,
Sorry this happened to you.  It's happened to me also, and I even had it inspected by a third party to verify.  Anyway, it's good to know that there are still some great people.

Have a good one
smokinrt

chargerkid

Here are the ones I sell on ebay.