News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Interest in a Reproduction Vacuum Hose Kit Group Buy?

Started by Troy, August 04, 2006, 11:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

Bill Allphin (gtx6970) from A+M Hightech Automotive has generously offered to give us discounted pricing on the new reproduction vacuum hose kits that are available. There are headlight hose kits for the 68-69 Charger as well as the Daytona and Superbird. From what I can tell, the kits are fairly complete and include hoses from the headlights all the way to the switch. It sounds like the quality/correctness should be very good. The same supplier does have Air Grabber hose kits in the works for 3rd gens but I don't think they are available yet. We need a minimum of 10 orders (any combination of the above) for the group buy but the price goes down with more orders. Right now I'm gauging interest and I'll try to get a better look at the products this week. I believe retail price is about $160-170 per set(?). What do you guys think?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

8WHEELER

They do look nice, I have not checked yet to see if the colored line on them are the same
as original units But with this much work they probably are correct, mine must just be worn
off, because they have no tracers on them.

But I would go for two of them.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

BrianShaughnessy

Throw my name on the list.    I just replaced that headlight harness with the YO deal too... but my hoses are all spliced and  hacked under the dash.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

bull

I would go for that. How much do they normally cost?

gtx6970

I thought I might chime in on this.
Yes, Hoses were color coded to aid the factory  line workers an easy installation process and also for diagnoses issues in the field. It's the same principal as wiring harness's .
All the hose kits are ribbed hoses as original, , Molded in switch connectors  are built in where applicable. Installation routing clips are included where applicable.
Current applications include ;
1970 Road Runner with air grabber hood
1968-69 Charger headlight vacuum  harness (these were originally taped along side  the underhood electricall harness )
1971-72 Charger / Roadrunner airgrabber hood vacuum harness
1969 Daytona + 1970 Superbird headlight vacuum  harness (also originally taped along side  the underhood electricall harness )
This is  the vacuum hose portion of the harness only and not to be confused to include  the electrical portion of the harness.

Regular prices will be on my website by the end of the weekend. www.amhightechauto.com

Group buy discounts will be determined by the amount of sets sold.The  Minumum number of sets  for the group buy is 10 sets, which I feel is very easily attainable just by memberds of this board alone. As this is not being offered on any oother board at this time. Although I reserve this could change depending on interest. These can be mixed and matched in what ever combinations are needed to get the 10 set minumum. As an example someone with both a 1968 Charger and also a 1970 Roadrunner with air grabber hood can get one of each on the group buy. The more sets commited to, the better the price.

Obviously this is an  item not everone will want, It's for the restorer wanting to take his/her car to the next level. As I feel once intstalled it becomes a very prominent item under the hood. I personally believe it's the details that count.

Just 6T9 CHGR

QuoteObviously this is an  item not everone will want, It's for the restorer wanting to take his/her car to the next level. As I feel once intstalled it becomes a very prominent item under the hood. I personally believe it's the details that count.

Ohhh I definately believe in that ;)

Put me down for a set of 69 headlight vac hoses :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

runningman

you know I love group buys....count me in for one for my 68

rare69

man! i just sent payment to mega parts for a set. or i would have jumped on board. :rotz:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: rare69 on August 05, 2006, 11:41:50 PM
man! i just sent payment to mega parts for a set. or i would have jumped on board. :rotz:

Cancel....cancel.....QUICK  ;) ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

dongar69

gtx6970

Quote from: rare69 on August 05, 2006, 11:41:50 PM

I will NOT ask you to cancel, Actually I would prefer you completed the sale with Jamie, He's one of the good guys.

MOPARHOUND!

1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

Charger Aficionado

I need some for a '68 AND '69...  (same diff)... 

OldGuy

Put me down for two sets - 68-69 Charger.  Who/how do we pay?
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

Troy

If I'm counting right that makes 11 sets - all  68-69 headlight kits:
8WHEELER (2)
BrianShaughnessy (1)
bull? (1)
Just 6T9_CHGR.... (1)
runningman (1)
MOPARHOUND! (1)
Charger Aficionado (1)
OldGuy (2)

Why don't I let this run through next Tuesday. Monday is the busiest day for the site and anyone going to the Mopar Nationals will need a day to recover. ;) Bill leaves for the show tomorrow night or early Thursday morning (I believe) and can't ship anything out until next week any way. Hopefully I'll have detailed pictures by then as well. The final price is dependent on how many orders we get so I can't give a total yet (more is better obviously). It will be easiest to pay Bill directly but be sure to let him know that you're ordering through the group buy. Bill can verify but I'm pretty sure payment can be made via check, money order, Visa, Mastercard, or PayPal  - I only take cash so his way is better... :P

Troy

BrianShaughnessy

Just Email, PM or just post it here how much to paypal when to where.  Thanks!   :icon_smile_cool:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

gtx6970

Well, I just got a few sets in to ck them out for myself., I don't like ordering large quanities of a new product / item  until I ck it out persoanlly . Unfortunately with the Mopar Nats this weekend this wasn't really much of an option. But  If I don't like it, I don't sell it. no exceptions.

Looking it over the switch connector is molded into the harness, the grommet where it enters the car via the firewall is a semi-rigid plug, sort of a hard rubber and not a plastic plug. The main 3 hoses from the switch have 1 with a yellow stripe , 1 w/green and 1 plain unmarked hose. A seperate harness is included for  the individual headlight actuators. Instructions are included to show how it's attached to the main underhood wiring harness. The hoses are intentionally left a little  long to allow in variations on routing .

So if anyone has questions fire away. I've got a nice digital camera should anyone need closeups. I can be reached via email at ballphin@fuse.net
Or phone 859-689-7893 keep in mind evenings are best for me. I will have a few sets at the Nats this weekend if anyone wants to see them in person.
Row L spaces 1,2,3 , 4

Just 6T9 CHGR

Does it come with the vac t's?

What is your opinion over all Bill?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

gtx6970

Chris, The only vacuum Tee's I see are the ones in the headlight acturator harness. (there are 2 in it and they are black 3 way tee's )

I like the looks of it overall,Colors look good and crisp, Molded in switch connectors and grommet  look good.  Unfortunately I don't have an original to make a side by side comparison.The firewall grommet is assembled on the hoses and is designed to push into the firewall from the engine compartment side.

myk

Troy

Quote from: myk on August 10, 2006, 02:44:00 PM
So what's the cost up to at this point?
Bill is in Columbus already. I'll see if I can get an approximate cost when I see him.

Troy

mridolfo

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

gtx6970

Based on the terms above of ten sets minimum price breakdown is -
1968-69 Charger headlight set - $145.00 regular price $170
Daytona / Superbird set - $145  regular price $170
1970 Road Runner / GTX airgrabber set - $115  regular price $135
1971-72 B-body airgrabber set - $110 regular price $125

Get to 20 sets total and I'll re-adjust the group buy price

rare69

i just received my 69 headlight hoses and they look just like my originals only new, very nice! :yesnod: