News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

vacuum "actuators" - where to buy new ones...

Started by marangen, August 21, 2006, 10:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marangen

Hi,

Need new ones for my 68 R/T.

Are they made repro? Hoses are nowadays - so that is good news. My canister is OK so new hoses and actuators would complete the picture? (switch works hopefully)

Where to buy actuators?

Many thanks for any info!

Martin

Shakey

e-bay, salvage yard or the parts wanted section on this site.

resq302

Like Shakey said, the vacuum pods are not available repro yet.  Your best chance is to look on ebay or in the classified section on here for someone that has a good used one.  To my knowledge, there is no way to fix them once they break either.   :-\
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

mridolfo

I just picked up 2 of them from a 69. I want to use one for a 71 air grabber sent up. If they both work you can have dibs on the second one.

Now does anyone know how to test these ?

Thanks
Mike

Nacho-RT74

easy, juts with your mouth on tee and breath in, pulling in the actuator. If rod moves, then works ;)
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

472 R/T SE

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on August 22, 2006, 09:53:43 AM
easy, juts with your mouth on tee and breath in, pulling in the actuator. If rod moves, then works ;)

What if it doesn't move so well? Has anyone every fixed one? They don't look easy to open up.

I've got one that just won't move more than half an inch or so. It's a spare so I'm not afraid to work on it.