News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

this does not look ok.....

Started by perucharger74, August 18, 2006, 05:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perucharger74

Hey guys!

Any idea on how this should look like?

Aldo

Nacho-RT74

woodgrained... similar as your door upper panels. It looks your dash passenger side insert ( A/C outlets panel )and your cluster were black painted by last owner, same as that top of console plate.

Several part dealers sell the woodgrained vinyl decal insert to the top console plate if you can't remove the black paint without damage the original finish.

Another option, cheap and quick is buy thet "Contakt" paper. I don't know if down there, but here in Venezuela this paper is used to protect the notebooks, workbooks and books at school, very cheap, easy to work with it and available at any book shop/libraries on anykind of color and finish. There is woodgrain finish vinyl paper. Here was used also to the woodgrain finish on Jeeps Wagoneers when crash or body and paint jobs.

You can use that vinyl paper to console plate and also doors panels, however if you try to remove the black paint over the original finish from cluster and passenger side dash insert, becarefull, becasue the woodgrain is also brown paint and is not easy ( not impossible, but definitelly not easy ) to get back to original finish if you remove.

about the shifter itself... everything looks good.

By theway... another emblem missed on your car... CHARGER SE on that passenger side insert on dash

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

perucharger74

:'(, yeah Nacho, emblems and chromes are my weakness..., thanks..