News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PROFORM 2-STAGE IN-LINE FUEL FILTER

Started by Johnnys440Charger, August 19, 2006, 06:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnys440Charger

deputycrawford

Many people install them between the fuel pump and the carb. If you plan to spend even one day at the drag track then you will have to take it back off. To my knowledge,IHRA and NHRA will not allow more than 1 ft of rubber hose, and will not allow glass fuel filters. I hope that one in the picture is palstic.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

Runner

do yourself a favor and buy a good metal filter.    you can get nice billet ones faily cheap. 

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

deputycrawford

I also think that filter wouldn't flow the same amount of fuel as a larger better built one. I use a 1/2 inch fuel line. Filters like that are just for looks on stock engines. Just two more cents....lol
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

Johnnys440Charger

deputycrawford, its the glass type filter that I have.  I do plan on going to the race track a least once a summer.

Yeah, it does look pretty, but I rather a fuel filter save my carb fuel bowls from getting gunked up with crap.

I'm thinking about the Plastic Fram Fuel Filter like JimShine has.  At least you can see when the filter get dirty.

A metal type is also good as Runner suggested.

Runner

having a see through fuel filter is over rated.   the fire hazzard of a cheap plastic(or glass) fuel filter is the reason for using metal.  imo there is no place for plastic or glass parts in the fuel system. that includes those cheesy plastic sight plugs that people sell for holleys.

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six