News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

$3,800 71 Cuda Fenders

Started by RD, August 15, 2006, 10:10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

well i dont know if they are worth $3,800.00, but that is what the sticker price is on these puppies!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Blown70

WTF, they look like they have a patch on them already?

I cannot sell a whole car for $4500.

:rotz:

Charger_Fan

That's what I was gonna say...looks like they've been patched already (just above the rear lower body line). :rotz:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

6pkrunner

I've got a pair of new - yes new as they were bought in 1974 and still in the parts network so not new old stock. Still in primer and with the Mopar tags on them. Not for sale. :icon_smile_big:

Blown70

Quote from: 6pkrunner on August 15, 2006, 05:22:04 PM
I've got a pair of new - yes new as they were bought in 1974 and still in the parts network so not new old stock. Still in primer and with the Mopar tags on them. Not for sale. :icon_smile_big:

Tease ;D

Troy

I thought we had an eBay section? Yep we do... ;)

You know, there was a set of fenders and a grill for $4,500 around the same time as Carlisle. That was a better deal I think. I'd probably just convert a set that didn't have the gills but I don't own an original either so I don't worry about factory parts.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

I guess it's worth it if someone will pay it. :P So how about $1400 for a snowboard from a seller with 67% feedback? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300015508595&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:12

hemihead

A friend of mine saw an NOS pair at the Nats for $7500  :rotz:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Mike DC

These days you can get a little weld-in sheetmetal panel that's stamped with a set of '71 Cuda gills, and it already has a lip on the edge for installation.  And I saw some place that was even offering to take your fenders and actually STAMP the correct gill holes into them for you.

Given all that, if people still wanna pay $4000 for a set of factory-gilled fenders . . . be my guest.

TylerCharger69

I have a Mopar Action...or Mopar Muscle mag around here someplace that has an article on how to correctly cut out those gills on non-gilled fenders......3800  dollars?......i think not....

dkn1997

welding them sounds great and all, but is everyone forgetting that even getting non gilled fenders in decent shape will leave you with an unstoppable ass bleed as it is?

RECHRGED

RT DAVE

Quote from: dkn1997 on August 16, 2006, 06:50:28 PM
welding them sounds great and all, but is everyone forgetting that even getting non gilled fenders in decent shape will leave you with an unstoppable ass bleed as it is?

Wow, that imagery is disturbing... 
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Charger_Fan

Wasn't there some company that recently made a punch or stamp of some sort? You send them your standard fenders & they stamp the gill holes in there for ya?
Maybe I'm mistaken, though. :shruggy:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TylerCharger69

Quote from: dkn1997 on August 16, 2006, 06:50:28 PM

LOL.....no Vaseline....no Gojo

dkn1997

well, you guys get the point.. any E body parts are way expensive, so you will still spend huge money buying plain barracuda fenders and welding/stamping or doing whatever to them. 
RECHRGED