News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rust removal

Started by derailed, December 19, 2006, 02:19:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derailed

Just read this article, looks pretty interesting and fairly easy to do yourself, anyone ever tried this?

http://antique-engines.dickerson-design.com/electrol.asp

73dodge

I have known about this it has been brought up here and on Moparts before

I haven't tried it myself yet but I am going to

I wonder if I can build a tank big enough to submerse the body of my 73?

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

Todd Wilson

Yup!  The Dodge truck guys have been doing this for a while now. It works and works good! Just be sure you get things hooked up right or you wont have a part left. It takes off rust and paint. Since its submerged it gets into areas you cant reach with a blaster or wheel  (inside of fuel tank if you have a big enough unit to put it in!). Lots of guys use their old lawn mower blades for the anode or any old piece of steel. They get a big plastic trash can with lid and keep the solution and re use it.

Todd

derailed

I have a good size plastic garbage can and an old engine block, I think i might do a little experimentation.