News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Latest Disaster With Our Friendly 5 Star Dodge Deaker

Started by Chris G., August 14, 2006, 05:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

I guess I am not the only one who is having issues with a 5 star Chrysler dealership.

I hope you get your situation dealt with too Chris.

89MOPAR

Hmmmn. Knock on wood, no problems on my 03 Ram with 52,000 miles

I don't see how it can be the ABS, since the ABS kicks in with serious pedal pressure. Most people have never felt the ABS "pulse" in their car.

Firefighter 3931-   5 minutes ?   .  C'mon now, you're much more mecahnically savvy than that.
If you really thought it was only 5 minutes, why would you ask a dealership to do it instead just rolling under the truck/car and doing it youself...? ::)
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

Arigmaster

You might want to try contacting AUTOCAP

http://www.nfada.com/autocap.html

I ended up contacting them a few years back. My Grand National was stolen and when it was recovered, the motor and front suspension was ruined. (Joy riders) I brought the car to a Buick dealership where the supposedly went through and completely overhauled the engine and front end. Four weeks later there was consistant problems with leaks, knocks, and the car had really horrible power issues. I gave the dealership several opportunities to resolve the issues and after six trips back where the car was left for them to trouble shoot they told me the motor was as good as it would get. Said there was nothing wrong with it. I appealed to the Service Manager and General Manager but it was to no avail. So, I brought all my correspondence to a case worker at AUTOCAP.

Within a month after they began their investigation into the issue, I was sent to a different Dealership where they had a brand new complete crate motor waiting for my car. The other dealership had sent reimbursement for my rental cars and provided me with one of their loaners until my car was completed. Once the car was done, I agreed to sign a non-disclosure agreement for the first dealership since they made good on all arrangements negotiated through AUTOCAP and reimbursed me and my insurance company for the rental. I still lost time with all the running around but in the long run, I got what I wanted.

firefighter3931

Quote from: 89MOPAR on August 20, 2006, 12:24:15 AM
Firefighter 3931-   5 minutes ?   .  C'mon now, you're much more mecahnically savvy than that.
If you really thought it was only 5 minutes, why would you ask a dealership to do it instead just rolling under the truck/car and doing it youself...? ::)

Ok, 15 minutes  :lol:

The repair is done....new cat is on with the old exhaust. The service adviser said that the mechanic asked if the customer (me) was aware of the condition of the exhaust system. Yep. The mechanic ended up spending 45minutes cuting and flaring/adapting the old pipe to the new Cat. Mechanic's comment ; It would be a whole lot easier and less time consuming to install new stuff.  ;)

I was trying to save the tech some aggrivation but the service dept didn't want any part of that....well i guess they did, but for 1.5hrs at $92.00 per hour plus 14% taxes and shop supplies yadda, yadda. I guess my point is they could have had the truck in and out MUCH faster and had the tech working on the next vehicle instead of screwing around with mine.  :-\ The repair was being covered by Chrysler as a warranty issue so either way they were getting paid for the time. They just spent more time on it then they really had too, created more hassles for their employee and ultimately lost productivity.  :Twocents:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

6pkrunner

Quote from: firefighter3931 on August 15, 2006, 02:13:37 PM
They didn't seem to care.....

[rant on]
-and they have so many customers that they do not care about any individual. You don't like them or their service, there are hundreds in line behind you who will eagerly get taken to the cleaners and thank them at the end of it. The entire society has become beaten down by ripoffs and crappy service and products that it is now the industry standard to rip you for huge bucks and then walk away from you.

[/rant off]

resq302

Quote from: 6pkrunner on August 20, 2006, 09:11:10 AM
Quote from: firefighter3931 on August 15, 2006, 02:13:37 PM
They didn't seem to care.....

[rant on]
-and they have so many customers that they do not care about any individual. You don't like them or their service, there are hundreds in line behind you who will eagerly get taken to the cleaners and thank them at the end of it. The entire society has become beaten down by ripoffs and crappy service and products that it is now the industry standard to rip you for huge bucks and then walk away from you.

[/rant off]

AMEN to that!  I went through the same thing when I was fighting about my 05 Hemi Ram Quad cab.  Chris G knows the entire story about how dealerships and the big wigs at corporate could care less about the little guy.  Only when I decided to bring in a lawyer, is when I had some results.  And even that took a long time.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

twilt

The only time i have heard front disc brakes make a knocking noise due to a  rotor issue  is when a jack leg improperly resurfaced the rotors. It can happen if the rotors are cut too fast. I`ve seen it happen in the shop i work in a couple times. The jack legs  get in a hurry and don`t bother with a final slow cut. 

resq302

Chris,

Any progress with your truck?  We haven't heard anymore.   Hopefully you made out ok.  Keep us posted. :thumbs:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

4402tuff4u

Hope he did'nt snap and went postal!  :icon_smile_blackeye: Yesterday I saw a few National guard helicopters heading in a hurry towards NJ ! :icon_smile_big:

kidding aside I hope you get it resolved. The worst is having a dealer trying to make you pay for his troubleshooting/testing and "change parts" until the problem is solved because of lack of knowledge or experience. Good luck bud.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

resq302

Chris G,

Any word???  How did you make out with the dealership??
Brian

Chris G.

Brian, sorry for the delay. The truck is home and I guess OK. Once they heard I just wanted to pick it up, the knocking dissapeared when I went and got it. I'm done with the dealer at this point. If something else happens, I call Chrysler and they can yell at them.

I hate that they are the way they are, because they are a big dealer with a bunch of nice cars on the lot which may be of interest to me down the road. I guess Crig's could get the same car I would want though.

Mike, the choppers weren't for me, but it's nice to know they can be deployed in case I do a Dukes into the showroom window.  ;D

resq302

Chris,

got some news for ya.  Corigliano's is probably going to be sold if not been done so already.  Rumor has it that the deal is all done with Johnson Dodge from Budd Lake being the new owners but they will leave the Corigliano name for a couple years.  All of the sales people with the exception of one has either been fired or quit and moved on as they saw the writing on the wall.  The service and parts department in the center of Boonton is now gone and will be sold to Nostalgia Motors ( a high price restoration company) and show room will now be doing all the service for all the cars and trucks they sell instead of it just being the truck division only.

I guess a lot of people are fed up with them as they have been going other places as well.  Perfect example of how one guy can run a personal business but not a large scale business. :rotz:
Brian

dodge freak

How very true. One of my everyday car need tires and had a hole in the muffler a 1992 olds  cutlass. Took the car 20 miles to a GoodYear store which has treated me good for years. They said the whole exhaust was shot and it cost $780 ! I said no way and they cut the price a $100 . Said just give me the tires I do it later, they kept tell me just put it on my credit card which I got last year for some mail in rebate. Said no way and left after the tires were on. The next week I went to Mr Muffler and had a new exhaust from the cat back for $160 ! Those asshole at GoodYear knew I had a GoodYear credit card and thought I would just charge it to it. I only got their credit card cause of the  $50 rebate and now a year later they go trying to rip me off :o