News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My confuzer is getting too hot

Started by bull, August 11, 2006, 12:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

We finally got rid of our 51-year-old metal desk and got one of these fancy, big city work station desks with one of those little cubbies for the computer tower. So I put the tower in the cubby, wired everything in, fired it up, closed the door and 20 minutes later the fan is making weird noises and freaking out so I open the door and it's like an oven in there. Now I have to leave the cubby door open all the time or it gets up to like 100-degrees and I'm afraid it's going to have a meltdown. What's the deal? Has this happened to you? Do I have to cut a hole in the side of the cubby and install a vent or what?

PocketThunder

probably need to cut a hole in the front and back and add an additional fan.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger_Fan

They do need some air circulation. :yesnod:

You could always mount a baby swamp cooler in there. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

PocketThunder

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on August 11, 2006, 11:51:30 AM

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :slap:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bull

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on August 11, 2006, 11:51:30 AM

We don't have those in Oregon. I think that's a redneck thing. :icon_smile_evil:

Blue Pentastar

As someone who has worked on several of these. Heat is the number one thing to avoid. My two cents worth is take the door off and make sure the cpu is not shoved back in there to far. I hate those little cubbies for that reason. You can also cut the back out if you want to leave the door on and closed. Depends on if it is against a wall or out where it will be seen.

Mike Schrader
69 Charger White Hat Special  
04 Chrysler 300M Special
99 Ram 3500 Dually Diesel

TylerCharger69

Yep...computer  needs to breathe!!!   You have an intake,  usually  with a vent coming from the side,   you have your power fan to cool the power supply, intake and exhaust, you have one to cool the processor, and sometimes one in the front too....depends on the machine....Let it breathe!!!