News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

power assisted brakes question

Started by hard-charger, August 30, 2006, 07:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy440

Quote from: NYCMille on September 07, 2006, 08:22:36 AM
I have the hydroboost on my 68' - the company is called hydratech... www.hydratech.com - Paul is the owner, super nice guy and their customer service is EXCEPTIONAL. With the 4 wheel BAER discs and hydroboost my Charger will out break most new cars. Expensive but totally worth it in my opinion.

Cheers - Mike

I think this is the link. I clicked the other link and got some network solutions place.
http://www.hydratechbraking.com/

Crazy
I used to have a handle on life....but it broke off.

Steve P.

NYC, how do your brakes feel WITHOUT the engine running??  1 - 10, how hard is it to stop the car on a roll?  Inquiring mind want to know...  ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

NYCMille

Ahhhh.... good question. The one drawback of the hydroboost is that if the you loose engine power, you have about 4-6 pumps of the pedal to stop the car. On a scale of 1-10 the pedal would probably be a 6 when the engine is off.

Steve P.

4 to 6 pumps is better than I would have expected.. So a 6 meaning you don't have to be King Long to stop the car, right??
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

RD

I used to work at autozone and have purchased a reman. booster from them for my ramcharger so the 400 could get in there.  Never a problem with brakes in 3 years.  I just bought a new booster from them for my RR, will put it on tomorrow.

word of advice, many of the autoparts stores buy from the same companies.  sometimes you get thrown a bone and sometimes you do not, but to black ball an autoparts store for one bad incident, well heck, then none of us should go to any single one of these parts stores because bones have been thrown to everyone when it comes to parts.

that is why you should always buy a part with a lifetime warranty from any autoparts store.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander