News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Went camping in interior of B.C. and found two 70 dodges

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, August 10, 2006, 05:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE CHARGER PUNK

Went camping in interior of B.C. and found two 70 dodges, a coronet 440 and a coronet 500, both are 2-doors , the 440 is FK5 burnt orange and the 500 is F8 green,easily make 1 good car out of both he wants $400 for the pair and has the titles to go with both cars, will post pics and vins after i get the pics developed-MATT

rt green

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lucky you!  i always LOVED those cars!!!!          man, i wish you the best of luck.
third string oil changer

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

THE CHARGER PUNK

all i can give is details right now, coronet440 FK5 burnt orange with bench seat with column shift automatic, still had a engine underhood, even though it was an incorrect later 318 ,burnt orange interior,non-rallye dash,one door(drivers side),bent hood( i pulled off and rested against car) ,bent bumpers,must have had a bad accident earlier in life as right quarter was crunched hard,no trunk floor , but has a trunk lid, the Coronet 500 had no engine but has a tranny was f8 green with black rop,has no front end xcept drivers side fender,has one door(passenger side, mint) basically a rolling shell but in decent condition, they are located in Yahk,B.C. , not far from border near Montana i think, the guy wants $400 for both has his yard is closing they both have titles and he wanst them gone , im gonna try hard to get them but they are a 12 hr drive from me and i have no way of getting them down here and no place 2 store them so if anyone  else is interested they are up for grabs, in parting note the guys just crushed 400 cars that were in his yard , he had few dodge chargers ranging from 68-70 awhile back i think , its 2 bad i wasnt 2 weeks earlier-MATT

hemi cammer

Just to clear a few things up....

Ive owned seven chargers in my lifetime. First was a '73 U code auto SE, then i had three '72 318 automatic base models plus a 72 6cyl automatic (1 of 166? if it matters), ive had one '70 318 automatic 500 model and the most recent was a 68 Base model 383 automatic. No R/T's yet unfortunately but im always on the hunt!

The two cars in question are indeed 1970 Coronet 2drs, the green one is a 500 and the orange one should be a 440 model but since you brought it up im going to check the VIN tomorrow just to make sure. Also, i've never said i had titles for the cars because i never got anything with them when i bought them. They can be aquired thru the registration office but that is a process that i've not done with these cars.

Since you mentioned "the old guy" i must assume you talked to my grandfather (lives at the yard location) and i think i remember talking to a Matt at some point. We've had a ton of old cars come and go thru our yards, we did crush about 450 cars a month ago but only a couple were cars that didnt deserve it. I'm known for saving cool cars from the squisher so i'd have a hard time letting anthing good get crushed.

There is writing on the green car and i know i misspelled crushed "cruhed" ... This is what they look like today.
Rescuing barn fresh musclecars one at at time...

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: hemi cammer on August 10, 2006, 11:23:22 PMplus a 72 6cyl automatic (1 of 166? if it matters),

Actually, it does matter to a few of us /6 Charger owners as they are actually harder to find than some hemi cars.  I try to keep tabs on any that I find.  Did you perchance happen to find any second gen /6 Chargers up there?.......
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

hemi cammer

Actually i have heard of one but it was a couple years ago... i honestly cant remember where it was but i dont think it was for sale. I believe it was a 69 or a 70 year model but i dont know much else about it.

Drache

Hey Paul! When he talked about having the guy crushing a bunch of cars I sort of figured it might be you but when he talked about crushing chargers... I knew you never would so I wasn't so sure. I plan on maknig a trip down there in the spring if you're back from working.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

THE CHARGER PUNK

i bought the wipers,gas pedal trim,washer resovoir (for my dads 68 charger)and the tail light panel trim(covers whole panel and says ''dodge'''on it(for a souvenir) for $25-MATT,

Mike DC

I wish every junkyard owner would spray paint a "crush date" on their old cars, or at least give some kind of warning when the're gonna clear stuff out. 

It's no big deal missing a part on a Hyundai but us old-car guys could really use the warning.
I've missed a ton of stuff to the crusher over the years because I always think, "Oh, I don't need it THAT badly right now.  I'll just pull  that ____ on some later trip back to this car."  And then three weeks later I find out they've crushed a Mopar that I've been taking for granted for years.

Drache

If you check Paul's website he'll always when the crusher is coming and he gives plenty of warning.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

hemi cammer

Hey Drache, yeah i would never crush a cool car expecially a Charger! In fact that orange 72 6cyl one i had i rescued from the crusher, guy was just starting up his wrecking yard and i bought it for crush price which at the time was at an amazing $35 per car   ;D   I decoded both of my '70 Coronets today, one is a 500 318 car (W and the other is a 440 model with a 318 just so we know.

As far as i know the crusher isnt coming till spring again but we're selling this property so these cars MUST go along with the others. A few mopars, couple chryco's, a few fords and one buick. Ahh what the heck i'll list em here while i have yer attention!
51 Plymouth Suburban 2dr wagon - a few parts left or whole $150
66 Dodge Valiant dr sedan (Canadian version of Dart) parts or whole $200
68 Plymouth Valiant 2dr sedan parts or whole $200
70 Chrysler 300 4dr hardtop - no body parts for sale (going for derby)
77 New Yorker 4dr hardtop (3 cars) no body parts for sale (going for derby)

others on request...   

hemi cammer

Quote from: B5 BLUE CHARGER PUNK on August 11, 2006, 02:18:56 PM
i bought the wipers,gas pedal trim,washer resovoir (for my dads 68 charger)and the tail light panel trim(covers whole panel and says ''dodge'''on it(for a souvenir) for $25-MATT,

Where'd you find the tail light panel???  You are talking about the broken one i hope... if it was my good one gramps is in trouble! lol

69bronzeT5

The green '70 is going to be rescued very soon..... ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

THE CHARGER PUNK

69bronzeT5