News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Poll: Whose car is substantially original/stock restoration

Started by triple_green, March 06, 2009, 01:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who has numbers match, original color and substantial other correct/orig parts

major numbers match;original color; minor parts stock or restored to stock
24 (41.4%)
color change
5 (8.6%)
engine/handling mods
14 (24.1%)
restomod or hotrod
15 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: March 20, 2009, 01:42:08 PM

triple_green

After the color thread I though it would be interesting to see who has originality out there. We kind of call my charger a "Grandma Charger".(thanks Paul). Was bought and owned by one adult lady for 30 years and no accidents or major mods were made.

The engine and tranny match.
Repaint in original color 66-1
interior all original except front seat covers/one arm rest
All the body numbers match
Has all original major body panels with very little rust ever.
Has original partnumber radiator. carb, intake, exhaust, etc.
Only major mods are petronix ignition and big Magnums and Radial T/As, and sure grip pumpkin.
Have fender tag, build sheet, owners manual, cert card, window sticker, etc.

BTW, I know originality is not everyone's thing. I like mod'ed Chargers too!
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

triple_green

BTW, I am not a concourse, grease pencil markings type of guy. I have just enjoyed learning and restoring the Charger. I drive it 1500-2000 miles a year.

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Ghoste

Mine's a boogered up mess in some ways and stone stock in others.  It's a driver. :D

PocketThunder

Quote from: Ghoste on March 06, 2009, 01:48:22 PM
Mine's a boogered up mess in some ways and stone stock in others.  It's a driver. :D

Ghoste, do you have a '69 like in your avatar?  I for some reason thought you had a first gen?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Back N Black

You forgot to add clones to the list. All original means it needs everything. :yesnod:
Rear restored numbers, don't mean that much anymore since most cars now are 80% AMD sheet metal.

Ghoste

PocketThunder

Quote from: Ghoste on March 06, 2009, 02:04:09 PM
I have a 67 with a bad case of 69 envy.

Well then now's the time to buy!  Deals are everywhere.   :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Ghoste

I am the living embodiment of when I rolling in cash prices are stupid crazy high and when I am destitute the cars are downright affordable.  I am hoping one situation changes before the other.

Stretch

My '73 Rallye is about as original as one can be I guess.

Original 340 (never pulled out0
Original 727 trans
Original 8 3/4 323 open. I do have a 355 sure grip center section in it.
Original F1 pale green paint
Original decals
Original halo vinyl top

I have the original magnum wheels (14x5) but I have 15x8 wheel ventiqs repos on it with 235/60/15 up front and 295/50/15 out back. The spare is the original polyglass RWL tire.
I recovered the front bench with a cover from Legendary. All of the rest of the interior is original. Right down to the A.M. radio. (I do have a rather stealthy A.M./F.M. 6cd changer set up in it that I will post pics of in a thread of it's own soon. (It can't be seen, I never cut any holes and it is remote operated.)

My build sheet states it is a Bazooka tip car and it has the cut out rear valance but I have talked to the original owner and he says it never had them. It was shipped with turn down tailpipes.

I have replaced the trunk weather strip seal and the side glass seals. I have the original T-quad on it that I rebuilt about 5 years ago. The center section was warped but I had .010 milled off of it and it works great.
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

694spdRT

My car is restored back to the fender tag.

The engine is warmed over but appears stock and I did add a Tic Toc Tac, electonic ignition, and a few other minor things.

Basically, she is what she was, including hubcaps/redlines.  :coolgleamA:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

b5blue

Mine is an un-restored (spelled ugly) much repaired 318 70 with a 69 60over 440 and a six pack! Auto, 3.23 8 3/4 and a very rusty butt!

Nacho-RT74

mine is an amateur resto job, began being a total stock car, now trying to keep same stock looks on all exterior ( including engine bay ), but making an step up to the performance soon, nothing noticeable from exterior.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Rolling_Thunder

I marked restomod...     6.1 hemi / 5-speed / handling mods / etc...     
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Sublime/Sixpack

Numbers matching here, and what isn't original has been restored. One modification, that being electronic ignition.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

bull

Assuming mine will be the way I intend it to be when it's done it will be mostly stock except for the exterior color. I will be making some typical non-stock changes in addition to that which include 15 in. wheels and RWL tires, elctronic ignition, front disc brakes, 4bbl carb, mp3 jack added to stock AM radio, etc.

Hemidoug

It depends on which car...the 69 is basically stock with some mods to make it a kick ass street car....the 71 is going concourse so that one will be box stock.
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Foreman72

take the 318 to 400+ hp...beefed up drivetrain (tranny, rear, ect)...Big block suspension...new paint...new wheels...and leave the interior stock...thats my plan...
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

tommymac

Changed the paint a shade darker,Beefed up the motor,added front disc brakes,TTI Exhausts system,Kept the interior stock,was in great condition.

69_500

Depends on who you ask about the car. To some there are probably a ton of cars on here that would be called Stock. To others on here though there are only a handful if even that many that some would call stock. Stock to me is like OE. In that case my own car is FAR from stock. If you are saying that one can change minor things like plug wires, belts, hoses and such and its still stock then mine would be. But the things that have been changed on my car before I bought it are generally just generic parts that replaced what was probably a tired/worn original part.

CB

my plan is everytime something brakes or is worned out I want to replace it so it makes my car better, safer, more reliable.

My latest Charger isn't numbers matching so swapping the engine to a beefed up 383 or 440 one day isn't a big issue.

Lola will stay dressed in R4 (= Bright Red) with a white interior.
Still not sure on the white top but that would be nice.

:bow: for the 100 point resto but it's not my goal/hobby.
If I can chose between a full 'nut & bolt' resto Charger 'all the way' or a Charger build like SFRT did... I'll take Frank's ride :yesnod: :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: CB on March 07, 2009, 01:56:51 PM
my plan is everytime something brakes or is worned out I want to replace it so it makes my car better, safer, more reliable.

My latest Charger isn't numbers matching so swapping the engine to a beefed up 383 or 440 one day isn't a big issue.

Lola will stay dressed in R4 (= Bright Red) with a white interior.
Still not sure on the white top but that would be nice.

:bow: for the 100 point resto but it's not my goal/hobby.

For what its worth.....I like R4 MUCH better without any vinyl top. The way it is right looks awesome! Although I would also have a set of magnums to swap out with the color matched wheel now and then!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

tan top

tried to keep my charger as stock looking as possible  at first look , after i done a nut & bolt resto on a 2 owner 63k mile car , although missing the original motor  :cryin: :cryin:
  now wearing a black top !!  as yellow & black is a awesome combo i think ,
but take a closer look  on the underside !!
  have fitted  torque boxes , front & rear & chassis connectors .  also hemi rear leaf spring shackle mounting reinforcement plates ,
thicker front sway bar 1/18 "
rear sway bar 7/8"
  thicker Steel strut rods ,
lower controll arm reinforcement plates
uprated oiling system
prop shaft loop

give away  all is not so stock :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

A383Wing

Our cream 66 still wears the original paint, still has the untouched original engine, 4spd trans, and 3.23 rear gears. The only thing I have done is put new carpet set in and new front seat upholstery. I also added the Magnum 500 wheels, but they are coming off and going away. The stock wheels & hubcaps are going back on. Other than tires, brakes, clutch, and stuff like that, car is a 160,000 mile second owner Charger....

...and it still has the original owner dents & dings.....

Bryan

mopar_nut_440_6

I am currently doing a rotisserie resto on my 68 R/T 440 4spd track pak car. It is/was SS1 Yellow with black hardtop and interior. I have the original tranny and Dana but the number match engine was sold after I had sold the car once. I have owned the car twice in the last 25 years!

The gears have been changed to 4:10's but I am planning on putting the 3.54's back in.
I have a stroker which put 500 horse to the ground behind an auto. I will of coyse keep the 4 speed. I can make it look factory with the exception of an aluminum intake and Holley carb. This may go in the car or another period correct (D code) engine as I have a couple.

It is my intent to try to make this car appear as it did coming off the factory floor with all grease markings etc. This may change as I will also want to drive it and may end up doing the "over restor" , painting the complete belly pan rather than just primer etc.

As I will be driving it a lot I may do some bolt on upgrades to the braking and handling departments and keep the factory parts restored and in packages.

Not sure which route to go yet but am worried if I spend too much time making it "perfect" (or as close as I can get it) that I will be scared to drive it!!

1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

resq302

Although my car is not a numbers matching, it is restored to what could have rolled off the assembly line back in 1969.  Numbers matching engine and tranny are long gone but replaced with correct era 383 and manual tranny.  Only difference is that it is an optional factory color compared to the original F8 green and presently has a white top and interior vs. the factory installed green top and tan interior.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto