News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Brickyard 400 Pictures.

Started by chargerboy69, August 07, 2006, 01:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerboy69

Made it to the Brickyard again this year. Had a great time. I left a few laps early when I knew the dick from Hendrick was going to win. Another piss pore showing from my 12 driver Newman. Kasey was having problems as well. Had new seats for this year in the press area. They were expensive, but worth the price to keep cool. I will get them again for next year. Had lots of fun.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

70charginglizard

I just about threw up when Kasey hit the wall. Man he hit hard. I thought for sure he was gonna be hurt from that one.
70charginglizard

chargerboy69

Kasey was having problems all day. We had our scanners on and at one point Kasey said "I hate these fu#@ing Chargers". My wife looked at me and said sweet little Kasey sure has a potty mouth. He was doing well at the beginning, but was fighting the car through the race. I felt badly for the kid. I hope this does not take him out of the chase.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Charger_Fan

One of these days I've gotta attend one of those races. I want to go to an Indy 500 race too.  :yesnod:

Thanks for the pics. I doesn't look as crowded as I expected it to be, or did you just luck into crowd-free shots?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

chargerboy69

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on August 08, 2006, 01:34:07 PM
One of these days I've gotta attend one of those races. I want to go to an Indy 500 race too.  :yesnod:

Thanks for the pics. I doesn't look as crowded as I expected it to be, or did you just luck into crowd-free shots?

Yea, those pictures were taken at 7:00 am. The crowd was not there yet. I have a friend who is a NASCAR Official. We went early to hang out with him. By 2:30 pm there was 250,000 people there. A little crowded.

--Gerald Ford

bull

You missed one:  ;D

DodgeByDave

Not a bad race but not a great race either. Of course the Napcar officials know more about it than I would, but I'm sceptical about the 250,000.

The main straight and southend looked to be full but the north end was only maybe 2/3rds and the veiwing mounds were only about 1/3rd. The infield parking was full (as usual) but the north 40 and the coke lot had plenty of space left. The people whom park cars in they're yards on Georgetown Road were wondering where everybody was and there were almost no out of state cars parked in my neighboorhood.

The local scalpers were taking less than face value the day before the race

This isn't a reflection of the product but on the economy (cost of gasoline). The folks next to me that were from Alabama said that in the past that about 20 of them would get together and rent a motorhome for the trip and with the cost of gas what it is, couldn't afford the trip.

At the Indy 500 this year, All of the lots were full, the yards were full, the stands were full and we had all kinds of out of staters parking on the side streets. The differance? 2 months of being held hostage at the gas pump.

Just my observation

DBD
III, we are everywhere