News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How much have you spent on you resto project?

Started by mikes68charger, August 08, 2006, 08:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

I've never added up what I've spent on mine, but I know it's a lot less than what most people have spent. It isn't that I'm better at finding deals than others, it's that I hadn't planned on building a Charger Daytona & ended up being in the right place at the right time for it. My plans were to do a different car when I ran across this one in a search for parts. There was no way in hell I was going to pass on this car for the price. I'm also patient to get parts as well as just not wanting to spend much on it in the first place.

Off the top of my head I can come close to what I have into my '68, in which nothing has been done other than accumulate parts for it. The body work was already finished when I got it in 2003 with all new sheet metal installed. It will only need some minor body work, prep & paint. Including the purchase price of the car, an additional parts car, all the Ted Janak Daytona parts, the wing, braces & brackets from a couple of guys on here, the 440, 727 & Dana 60 I saved from another car I had in the early 80's, the number is roughly $7500 so far.

The drive train will need to be freshened up, the car painted, seats recovered & misc mechanicals will have to be done, but by then it'll be about $15,000 to $16,000 or so. Even if my numbers are off & too low, this car will still be way under $20,000 when finished. The Daytona stuff has been the biggest expense & probably half the cost of what I have into it. Maybe I'll leave that stuff off & put this together for the price of a used KIA.   :lol:

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Fred

Quote from: hemi-hampton on April 28, 2013, 06:34:37 PM
I know of many people who have spent over $100,000 on Restorations but none of them want to admit it. LEON.

Let me be the first.   :eek2:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Bob T

Fair enough Fred, look what you ended up with  :2thumbs:
Everything costs more out in the colonies....try importing one, that's a oncer  :eek2:

Probably spent around 8k since it got here on required repairs and general stuff. Am valiantly trying to exclude the import and buy costs as it was'nt a resto  ;)
Plus somewhere around another $3300 on gas in nearly a year averaging around 14.3 mpg open road  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Fred

Quote from: Bob T on April 29, 2013, 10:05:32 PM

Plus somewhere around another $3300 on gas in nearly a year averaging around 14.3 mpg open road  :2thumbs:

I should be so lucky..........does that mean...........

You're getting more fun per gallon?   :scratchchin:
Or am I getting more fun per gallon?   :scratchchin:

That is the question.   :icon_smile_big:  

:drive:   :drive: :drive:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Baldwinvette77

Green71R/T

It costs my wife approx 7000/year to drive a 2010 Honda not including fuel.I spend less than that on my daily driver,charger,67belvedere,and 69 Newport convertible.I have about 30000 in the charger in 24 years,25000 in the belvedere in 5 years,and 6000 in the newport in 8 years.i hate the way her car drives(twitchy) so i would rather drive any of my cars when weather permits.My daily is a durango.