News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's missing here?

Started by lookin@my68, August 08, 2006, 04:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lookin@my68

Hi all, sorry for all the questions - just trying to sort out a few bits on my car...the park brake 'handle return spring'  is not held by anything at the front ( pic 1) what is supposed to be there??

I managed to find  a pic of Chris' restored park brake assembly ( pic 2 - Nice job Chris! ) but can't quite make out what is there...has any one else got a pic showing what I need?

Thanks
Danny

Just 6T9 CHGR

There is a small plastic grommet that goes over the rod & into the hole in the bracket to hold back the spring.
As you can see it looks like someone tried to use a cotter pin to retain yours.
As far as where to get a new one...I have no idea.   Maybe R/T Specialties or SMS restorations maybe?
PS---thats not mine ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

RDR-838

Thanks for the info and great picture. Now I know what to get to replace the small hose clamp that's holding my spring.

lookin@my68

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on August 08, 2006, 07:05:33 AM
There is a small plastic grommet that goes over the rod & into the hole in the bracket to hold back the spring.
As you can see it looks like someone tried to use a cotter pin to retain yours.
As far as where to get a new one...I have no idea.   Maybe R/T Specialties or SMS restorations maybe?
PS---thats not mine ;)

Oops - sorry Chris! I assumed it was yours... well good job to whose ever it is then!!
Thanks for the info...