News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Headliner installation question

Started by kingvern, August 07, 2006, 05:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingvern

Ok i'm getting ready to install my headliner car didn't come with one when i bought it.So my ? is what clips and such do i need to buy.Any Thanks Vern
Vern Fields<br />kingvern@hotmail.com<br />616-340-9082

MadScientist

You are going to need the clips that hold the bows in place including the two long wires that secures the last bow in the rear.  I cant remember how many of those. Also there are other clips that actually hold the material on the sides of the car after the headliner is glued in place (6 per side)

MS

4402tuff4u

Makesure that the new liner has all the pockets for the bows sewn on. I just had mine installed about a month ago and the new liner did not come with the last pocket for the small bow at each sail panels. The installer told me that most shops will glue the liner to the cardboard sail panel and it looks horrible. The guy who did my liner took the new liner back to his shop and sawed in a new pocket for each sail, as the factory came. As stated above, you will need the clips for the bow and you will need two anchoring wires as stated, you will need the front clips for the black inside trim by the windshield, and you will need the clips that hold the black interior roof rail trim piece that gets screw only in the front. Remember too, that Chargers only have one interior coat hook! I went bananas looking for a second hook in the box of parts I got with my 68 R/T, until a friend of mine called me a dope and said only one hook!! :yesnod:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Shakey

Quote from: kingvern on August 07, 2006, 05:49:18 PM
Ok i'm getting ready to install my headliner car didn't come with one when i bought it.So my ? is what clips and such do i need to buy.Any Thanks Vern

There were some photos of the clips on this site in a similar thread some time ago.