News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Payback is a "B"

Started by Charger Aficionado, August 07, 2006, 05:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

Well this guy emails me on the GL I have on eBay for the link to the Dukes song.  http://www.hazzardretreat.com/sounds/dukes%20of%20hazzard%20theme.wav

He mentions that he "just bought something from the LeDuke boys"...  :)  So I shoot his email to Airbornesilva...  Why don't you tell them what the result was Tony?

EDIT:  Oops Airborne is offline now...  So anyway...  From what I gather the guy in Wa canceled his check to them...

I think this is the one:  http://hlpag.com/69genleerollerholt.htm  What does that rad support indicate to you guys?  Somone yanked the hell out of the engine??? 

Jim, (493 Charger)  This guy works with you up there in Wa...  He said his neighbor had a Charger he was going to get instead, (I think he'll be a little happer with that one)...  Just a lil'...  'ya think?  Anyway since I don't have much left, he is looking for a "Parts Resource" up there...  You got stuff left or know of anyone who does? 

Chris G.

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on August 07, 2006, 05:34:42 PM
  Well this guy emails me on the GL I have on eBay for the link to the Dukes song.

:lol: You are money in the bank bro. I knew you couldn't last the day without dropping a "my car on ebay" comment. It was getting close, but I knew it would come. I should have bet my buddy from the site (not Chris btw).

The "Ultimate General Lee" huh? Wow :o I have seen nicer (with tan interior), but if you say it's the "Ultimate", who am I to argue?

ps- And who are you to say anything about Hlpag? You have no problem taking their money, why would you knock them? Would a PETA member sell their car to Ted Nugent? Doubtful.

pss- Don't 'cha just love me? Here's a big  :icon_smile_kisses: for you my brother. I luv 'ya Jude. :icon_smile_wink:

terrible one

Just another piece of HLPAG crap. Just that one shot tells me enough. That radiator support sure did take some abuse. I hate the way they just half-ass strip the engine bay and paint everything black. Same with the engine. I'm sure that distributor is going to do real good now.  :rotz:

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: Chris G. on August 07, 2006, 06:18:24 PM
  Well this guy emails me on the GL I have on eBay for the link to the Dukes song.
ps- And who are you to say anything about Hlpag? You have no problem taking their money, why would you knock them? Would a PETA member sell their car to Ted Nugent? Doubtful.

pss- Don't 'cha just love me? Here's a big  :icon_smile_kisses: for you my brother. I luv 'ya Jude. :icon_smile_wink:
Hey, I don't need to post anything here, the car is getting TONS of hits.  Why bother?  Besides EVERYONE knows who is selling it (just look at the SigPic...  They can spray paint it and then they'll be happy!   

HLPEG BINed my car, so...  Not that I had a choice since I needed the money to finish this project...  Soooo Judge me and sentence me again...  Sorry I don't meet your standards. 

Say all you want about me just don't talk about Ted! 

Keep it in your pants Mr. Fancy-Pants (with the kisses and all)...  ha ha...

AirborneSilva

Well this guy emails me on the GL I have on eBay for the link to the Dukes song.  http://www.hazzardretreat.com/sounds/dukes%20of%20hazzard%20theme.wav

He mentions that he "just bought something from the LeDuke boys"...  :)  So I shoot his email to Airbornesilva...  Why don't you tell them what the result was Tony?

EDIT:  Oops Airborne is offline now...  So anyway...  From what I gather the guy in Wa canceled his check to them...

I think this is the one:  http://hlpag.com/69genleerollerholt.htm  What does that rad support indicate to you guys?  Somone yanked the hell out of the engine??? 

Jim, (493 Charger)  This guy works with you up there in Wa...  He said his neighbor had a Charger he was going to get instead, (I think he'll be a little happer with that one)...  Just a lil'...  'ya think?  Anyway since I don't have much left, he is looking for a "Parts Resource" up there...  You got stuff left or know of anyone who does? 

Sorry my power went out (happens quite often in monsoon season), anyway, I sent the guy an e-mail telling him how I was treated and what shape my car came in.  I hope he did cancel and I hope I had a BIG part in him making up his mind to cancel...  If anyone knows of anybody who is bidding on or is about to buy a car from those scum please let me know and I will be more then happy to inform them of my experience with HLPAG pricks!  :yesnod:

Charger Aficionado

Well I"m glad you got some revenge on them for doing what they did to you!  I would go BALLISTIC if I were you...  Honest to God; I LOOKED at that auction REALLY hard, and it looked like a good deal, but I knew their rep...  Who could've guessed that it would be missing the rear fram rails???  Who could've guessed they would've consealed those facts so BLATENTLY???  WoW.  Good going Tony.

AirborneSilva

Glad I could help out a fellow Charger lover, hopefully I can continue to do so in the future and do my part to put those ass clowns out of business.....

inhrmswy

I like how you can count how many shifts it took them to get the engine where they wanted it before they took the picture...
No, a little more to the left.  Too far a little right...thats good, now straight back a hair.  Perfect! Now take the picture so we can put it in the next rotbox..err general. 
Oh make sure to grab the black painted piece of plywood to set it on.  They gotta pay extra if they want that engine support.

jaak

they could have atleast pulled the distributor before painting the engine, btw even if the engine is rebuilt, witch i highly doubt, it would still take quite a bit of $$$$ just to get it running, man that motor has no intake, carb, wp housing water pump, brackets pulleys, and the list goes on!!!!!!!

Jason

chrisII

thats the extra $$ engine option, it has the high gloss ornge intake ports and distributor and rotor.  i would look closly to make sure that"383" isnt a smogg 400. with no intake ect most wouldnt notice the diff unless they know where the #s are

Bandit72

i like the fact they didn't even clean the grease off of the front of there "rebuilt" engine...
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

BigBlackDodge

SITTIN UNDER THE HOOD IS A BIG BLOCK 383 THAT IS READY TO BE GONE THROUGH AND COME BACK TO LIFE!

It's not rebuilt........................obviously ;D

THIS WOULD BE AN EASY CAR TO FINISH UP

Yeah..............right. ::)

BBD

MOPARHOUND!

Quote from: chrisII on August 08, 2006, 06:24:01 PM
thats the extra $$ engine option, it has the high gloss ornge intake ports and distributor and rotor.  i would look closly to make sure that"383" isnt a smogg 400. with no intake ect most wouldnt notice the diff unless they know where the #s are

Based on the tall 1978 factory valve covers with all the wire looms, etc., and what little I can see of the harmonic balancer, I would bet it is a cast crank 400.

383's had forged cranks with the thin harmonic blancer, and ceased productin in 1971.

Isn't that distributor vacuum canister a mid-late 70's part also?
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

Drache

Anyone else notice this as well?

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Mikesmopars01

I guess they have a clearance problem.

Charger Aficionado

The "Ultimate General Lee" huh? Wow :o I have seen nicer (with tan interior), but if you say it's the "Ultimate", who am I to argue?
O.K.  Here ya' go...  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Dodge-Charger-R-T_W0QQitemZ130016287656  Now tell me my interior don't look better?  He stole my "line"... 

Wakko

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on August 12, 2006, 08:29:06 PM
O.K.  Here ya' go...  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Dodge-Charger-R-T_W0QQitemZ130016287656  Now tell me my interior don't look better?  He stole my "line"... 

Jude, you're my friend but I gotta say something here.  You weren't the first person to use the word "ultimate" in the description of their car or General Lee.  Hell, look at any Year One catalog.  Your car and this car are different but both are beautiful Chargers.  Your interior color, metallic blue and crossed flag decals are wrong...but who cares?  It looks great.  His numbers are wrong and his rollbar is wrong but who cares?  I personally like black interior and will retain that on my car but his interior is a really good balance of the correct spray bomb Light Buckskin and something that you can be proud of at shows.  His engine compartment looks awesome, alot more detailed than yours...but does yours look bad?  Not in my opinion.  You came on the GL site bashing this car and now you're bashing it here but I honestly don't know why. Is it simply because he used "ultimate" in his auction?  You're getting 38k for your car and that's fantastic...his car won't detract from your sale.  You built yours to sell and make money, he built his for himself years ago.   :shruggy:

When my car is done it's going to be a mismatch of things that I like and things that are available to me.  I sure hope people don't bash it.   Actually, I don't care if anyone does as I love my car how I like it.  :)   

Here's the skee car with the truly CORRECT General interior.  Looks like shit, eh?  Guess I'd rather have non correct like the auction Lee than truly correct.   :yesnod:
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Charger Aficionado

Oh I guessed he frequented the boards?  heh...  I felt bashed alot on mine.  I was just giving him a hard time for using my phrase, nothing personal...  I did ALOT of hard work on it...  I really want one someday with the FACTORY Tan Interior...  Just like the one I sold, but with the Text 2" further up on roof, and that's IT. 

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Wakko on August 13, 2006, 03:22:23 AM

You're getting 38k for your car and that's fantastic

I hope thats true :scratchchin:  Lot of bidders there with (0) feedback......usally ends up as a non paying bidder. :rotz:

The "tan everywhere" spraybombed interior is "correct" for a GL no?  Im not up on my GL "correctness" too much though :shruggy:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chris G.

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on August 12, 2006, 08:29:06 PM

Yours looks better? Nope, Nada, Not a chance.

Anyway, what's the difference now? If your auction was legit, you no longer own the car. Why even try and hype it anymore? If you got 38K for that car, you should be crapping your pants right now.

Now let's move on to the 500 and when that will hit the auction block.  ;)

JimShine

Yeah, they sprayed them. I converted mine to mostly factory tan components. Enough to look stock. It wasn't that difficult. It just took some time to gather up the parts to do it.But I also intend to keep mine, so a year or so of time invested will pay off over decades of enjoyment.

BigBlockSam

QuoteI'm sure that distributor is going to do real good now.   

:smilielol:

it's like they hung the engine from a rope and dunked it in a barrel of orange paint.  :yesnod:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img