News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anyone going/gone from manifolds to headers?

Started by blackcrowe, August 17, 2006, 04:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackcrowe

im goin the other way...have a new system set up for headers and am going to manifolds..im in need of the sections of headpipe to mate up the system i have, to the stock manifolds.
we're really out in the sticks here(wyoming) and the last exhaust we had done local was really bad..so bad we junked it!
tti/accurates are gonna be around 250 after shipping..

so...was wonderin if anyone had a set of these pipes going?
or if anyone could make these off the car ? its a 68 charger w/hp manifolds

many thanks :icon_smile_wink:

Shakey

Quote from: blackcrowe on August 17, 2006, 04:51:16 PM
im goin the other way...have a new system set up for headers and am going to manifolds..im in need of the sections of headpipe to mate up the system i have, to the stock manifolds.
we're really out in the sticks here(wyoming) and the last exhaust we had done local was really bad..so bad we junked it!
tti/accurates are gonna be around 250 after shipping..

so...was wonderin if anyone had a set of these pipes going?
or if anyone could make these off the car ? its a 68 charger w/hp manifolds

many thanks :icon_smile_wink:

I suggest you spend the $250.00 USD and get what you need the first time.   :yesnod: 

The reason I say this is because I can picture the scenario - a helpful member  :angel:  sends you a section of pipe that would be 3"- 6" too short.   :rant:  The next guy sends you something that he/she feels is in good shape but is rusted all to hell.   :brickwall:

It's just how it goes. 

I am sorry I can't help other than that advice, even though you didn't ask for it.   :Twocents:

blackcrowe

yeahh i think your right--dang... if there was a decent exhaust guy local, the whole thing would be 50 bucks to get sorted ::)

Ghoste

Shakey's right.  The extra 200 bucks is not a lot when your options are limited and you want it done right.

mopar_madman

I bought the tti kit for my 73 charger manifolds back, installed by myself laying on my back in my garage, I would highly recommend getting that or another pre fab kit. Its worth the extra money, i had a shop do a full on mine some years ago and the pipes were so tight at the bends I don't see how enough air got through ended up cutting it off.
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

blackcrowe

yeahh...you shoulda seen the mess the guy made of the last exhaust..he used 2'' pipe and the welds looked like  :rotz:

Charger1970

1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

blackcrowe

burlington---ive never been theyre--im in the uk...its gettin a 4spd 383 setup then im gonna ship her..well thats the plan anyways :icon_smile_wink: