News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

good wrecking yards or other mopar related spots

Started by rare69, August 08, 2006, 09:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rare69

me and the little lady will be taking a week of and traveling down the washington and Oregon coast and i really need to see something other than beaches and dumb gift shops. if you know of anything that i should see, please let me know.

Shakey

Wildcat Auto Wrecking

http://www.wildcatmopars.com/

Just outside of Portland, OR.  They will let you walk through the yard and cameras are allowed.  If you see something you need, they will take it off for you.

I'll be on the West coast in a few weeks and was planning on stopping there to check it out, even though it would be 3 hours outta my way.  I have a feeling I won't have time this trip.

If you are going into Seattle, WA - for dinner may I suggest either Daniels or The Metropolitan Grille for steaks or if you like seafood try Oceanaire.

There may be other restaurants to chose from, but these are my hangouts after only being to Seattle a few times.

Now, I know there a handful of members from that part of the continent, let's see what they have to say.

bull

Wildcat is a long-azz way from the Oregon coast, they don't have much Charger/B-body stuff and their prices are through the roof.

Like most wrecking yards alongside an ocean, pretty much anything you find is going to be rusted junk. But there is the legend of the guy in Florence, Oregon. Pull up a 5-gallon bucket and let me tell you about him. One rumor says that he amassed a large collection of Mopars, some of them very rare and desirable, before being hauled off to prison for life and leaving the cars to rot in the negligent care of his elderly mother. Another starts out that way but says he is now out of prison and is back in Florence but has not moved the cars to a safe, dry and salt-free environment. A third version says he never went to prison at all but left the cars outside and the latest version I heard is that he is pretty cool, is real mopar nut and has moved some of the more valuable cars inside to protect them from the elements. Some of the cars I've heard he had and/or has is a 70 challenger R/T, one or two 68-70 Roadrunners and one 68 Coronet R/T. But I also heard a recent rumor about another guy who bought a Coronet R/T from a guy on the coast and popped the hood to find a 426 Hemi sitting there. I don't know if those two stories are connected.

Florence is pretty close to the coast: