News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Def Leppard or Poison?

Started by PocketThunder, August 08, 2006, 11:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is your preferred 80's Hair Band?

Def Leppard
35 (83.3%)
Poison
7 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 42

rare69

no contest, def leppard! the early stuff though, not the newer generic sounding stuff. was never really into either though, to busy rockin to old AC/DC , iron maiden,judas preist and metallic,and so on.never could get into Any of those eighty's pretty boy girly bands.

Todd Wilson

Def L was not a hair band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Todd

dodgeboy67

WOW,,..I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY HAIR ROCK GUY AROUND HERE.......I HAVE TO SAY THAT , SINCE IVE SEEN  WHAT SEEMS LIKE JUST ABOUT ALL OF THEM, I THINK POISON IS  THE BETTER BAND, BUT DEF LEPARD HAS A BETTER SHOW

I SEEN POISON / CINDERELLA RECENTLY IN INDY, THEY ARE GETTING OLD AND SLOW

CINDERELLA STOLE THE SHOW, BUT TOM KIEFFER IS LOSING HIS VOICE

BUT I SERIUOSLY THINK THAT QUIET RIOT GETS THE CROWD GOING MORE THAN ANY OF THEM

BigBlackDodge

DL for sure. :yesnod:

But no one compares to Led Zeppelin! :bow:

BBD

JimShine

I am into heavier stuff, but I want to make a point about the comparison here. While Def Leppard became a hair metal band, that is not what put them on the map. They were part of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal, with the bands like Priest, Motorhead, and Maiden. The bands that started the whole metal scene. Poison was a flavor of the month band that hopped on the bandwagon and was signed when the record companies were grabbing any band that had all the look and half the talent.

Way before the pop rock classic album Hysteria, Def Leppard played with more edge on albums like "On Through the Night" and "High and Dry". You see the changes made toward pop in "Pyromania". Pete Willis was booted, Phil brought more pop in, then Steve died after Hysteria, and now the heart is totally gone.

2fast4u

Quote from: Todd Wilson on August 13, 2006, 01:07:39 AM
Def L was not a hair band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Todd

I totally agree with you Todd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

2fast4u

Quote from: greenpigs on August 10, 2006, 03:59:29 PM
Quote from: dodge freak on August 10, 2006, 02:13:48 PM
Def Leppard guys look like tough guys you would not want to start a fight with.

I think I could whip the drummer.

Maybe so!  But you gotta admire this guy for his courage!  To lose your arm as a drummer and not have it phase you in the least....when he was visited in his hospital room after the accident by the other members of the band he was found with a pen and paper redesigning his drum set to acomadate him so he could continue in his life as DL's drummer!

Now thats something to admire!!

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Ponch ®

Quote from: dodgeboy67 on August 13, 2006, 09:30:55 AM

CINDERELLA STOLE THE SHOW, BUT TOM KIEFFER IS LOSING HIS VOICE

I thought the same thing...they wiped the stage with all the other bands, Poison included.  BTW - Keifer already lost his voice...he couldnt sing for a few years and had to learn how to sing all over again. He looked like he was about to die during some songs when he was hitting long high notes.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

dodgeboy67

i dont really think it matters who was a hair band and who wasnt......you could get laid back then listenin to either.....or at least see some good boobie shots at the concerts