News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fram Filters - What's The Deal?

Started by terrible one, August 04, 2006, 01:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrible one

I've heard lots of negative comments about Fram filters around here, as well as other places. Being a young'un, I don't have much experience with different parts, etc, but I was just wondering what is so bad about them?

Rubberduck

I´ve heard many times these are crap.

Mario
´68 Charger, 505 by CWE, 4-speed

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

ralley72

i havent had any problems with them thats all i use besids wix
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

Silver R/T

I cant believe they're not being sued for engine damage to multiple cars

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Chryco Psycho

Headrope

There was a time when Fram was supposed to be the best. When did that change and how?
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

Chryco Psycho

when they reduced the cost of manufacturing

Charger_Fan

Yeah, I think in the late 60's/early 70's they may have been a decent product...although I haven't seen one from that era cut apart. ;D
After they sold the company 2 or 3 times, the quality went into the toilet. Honestly, I'm amazed they've been able to keep the name alive this long.
It's all due to the power of advertising vs. the gullible masses.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Silver R/T

chinese are probably making those filters

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

greenpigs

Guess its a K&N oil filter next time.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

dodge freak

:iagree: only ones I use now-$10 bucks stinks but peace of mind-priceless.

Spike

Wix mkes a very good oil filter as does Amsoil and Mobil1.

dkn1997

ok, so I just put a fram on my charger, but a mobile 1 on the Tahoe.   I got scared and went out and the only other filter I could find for a 440 was a valvoline brand, is that any good?
RECHRGED

terrible one

Well now I have the facts to back up my not liking Fram filters!  :icon_smile_big:

I don't ever use them, and have always heard bad news about them, but never knew exactly what it was. Now I know, and definitely agree that they are crap!