News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picture Request

Started by JMF, August 03, 2006, 05:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMF

Can people post a few pictures of 1968 - 1970 Charger's in gold please? Is gold a factory color for 1968? Any idea the name?

Pistolpete

I believe the closest "gold" coloour was T3 ? I have some pics on the office computer, I'll post'em tomorrow when I get a chance...
are u considering this as a colour for yours?

Pete
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

JMF

I'm going to look at this Saturday and it will need a respray so I wanted to see what others looked like with vinyl and no vinyl and also what different wheels looked like

Chris G.

JJ1 was the only color code that included the word "Gold" in it, in 1968. That car you posted looks Charge-Tastic!! I love the white top as well.  :yesnod:

The car below is coded FY4 which is Gold Metallic in 1970. Much lighter color in the sun. I haven't seen many gold cars, so I can't tell you for sure if this is the correct shade for 1970. Dig the green interior.  :o

Brock Samson

that looks fantastic, yet most folks don't like the bronzes and golds it seems..  :-\
where's neals' T-3?

JMF

So what color code would you say the one in the pictures I posted is? The car is all number's matching so it may still be ther original paint

Chris G.

JMF, no idea on what color that is. Whetever it is, I like it. I'm no '68 expert 'ya know.  ;)

Lowprofile

Quote from: Chris G. on August 03, 2006, 06:29:44 PM
JJ1 was the only color code that included the word "Gold" in it, in 1968. That car you posted looks Charge-Tastic!! I love the white top as well.  :yesnod:

The car below is coded FY4 which is Gold Metallic in 1970. Much lighter color in the sun. I haven't seen many gold cars, so I can't tell you for sure if this is the correct shade for 1970. Dig the green interior.  :o

What the Hell were they [the factory/dealership] thinking w/ a Green Interior!  :icon_smile_dead:  Thats a beautiful Charger & I like that color, but a brown/saddle color interior would look awesome! :2thumbs: :blahblah: :Twocents:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Chris G.

Quote from: Lowprofile on August 03, 2006, 07:28:42 PM
What the Hell were they [the factory/dealership] thinking w/ a Green Interior!  :icon_smile_dead:  Thats a beautiful Charger & I like that color, but a brown/saddle color interior would look awesome! :2thumbs: :blahblah: :Twocents:

Don't know what they were thinking, but we have 28 FY4 Chargers registered, and 7 of them have the green vinyl bucket interior and one has the SE green leather interior. In 1970 almost anything was possible.  ;)

JC

Here is my 68 with what I believe to be original factory paint,  JJ1. 

Chad L. Magee

My 1968 Charger RT project was orginally a JJ1 code.......
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Chad L. Magee

JMF - I am glad you started this thread, as it force me to look closer at my fender tags on my 68s.  I discovered that my black non vinyl rood Charger actually has a gold interior (instead of a white with red which is in one of my other 68s).  The tag is rusty and the Y looks like a V, which is how I decoded it years ago, but by flipping it over and cleaning it a bit with a razor, the Y now shows.  This makes the other codes make much more sense now.  Guess that one is not as rare as I had orginally thought it was :-[........
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

69charger2002

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

JMF

Has anyone got any color charts for 1968 Charger? Or even just a list with all the colors?

JC

Blakcharger440

Never thought gold would look very good but it starts to grow on ya.

JMF

Thanks for the link, the one in the picture I posted looks either Light Gold or Beige

69charger2002

believe it or not, those pics are of it in NC where i bought it. first time i was too lazy to go drag it out here at the house for some new pics.. shame on me.. but it was buried 3 rows deep in my yard... hardly worth the trouble on that one
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/