News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gas Prices Check-in

Started by my73charger, August 03, 2006, 02:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemigeno

87oct is at $2.99 around my hometown too.  It still befuddles me why diesel fuel (which is easier and less expensive to refine) prices outpace gasoline.  #2 is at $3.19 for the moment.   :rotz:

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: hemigeno on June 29, 2012, 08:23:00 AM
87oct is at $2.99 around my hometown too.  It still befuddles me why diesel fuel (which is easier and less expensive to refine) prices outpace gasoline.  #2 is at $3.19 for the moment.   :rotz:

I truely believe it is because they know a diesel pick up or car is a fair bit more ifficent that an equivilant gas powered car, so less fill ups cmpared to gas vehicules. They gotta get as much $$ as possible.

Steve P.

Geno, I'm with you. I have asked this question before and the answer I got was (supply and demand). Meaning there is less demand for diesel so therefor it sits longer and they look at fuel like realestate.  I think it's bunk. Also think it's bunk that we don't have more vehicles using diesel.

They say today's refinement of the (CLEANER DIESEL) takes longer, but,, I watched a show about it and according to the plant operator it does not take as much or as long or as many stages as gasoline. Therefor I believe it should be cheaper. It also lasts longer in storage than gas.

I wish my V-10 would magically become a Cummins!!!!!

$2.99  today in New Port Richey, Florida. BUT, I would not get gas there. That station was just flooded out....   
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Chargen69

Chargen69

Good Lord, I just realized how pointless this is...  I mean we are posting about how great the gas prices are at 3.00/gallon??  man oh man.  If we really do have more oil than the middle east, this is stupid.  if it gets back to $2 a gallon I'll be driving the charger a LOT.

Chargen69

ok, one more thing...  not really I just wanted to hit 700 posts :P

Dino

Quote from: Chargen69 on June 29, 2012, 12:48:37 PM
ok, one more thing...  not really I just wanted to hit 700 posts :P

:smilielol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Marck

I know this is not that relevant for you guys in the US, but thought I'd let you know that a gallon 95 oct. is between 7 and 8$ in Denmark, Germany, Sweden, most of Europe I guess, the northern part anyways..
Since I have to drive 30 miles to work, and then back, I guess my Charger will never be a daily driver..  ;)

gtx6970

3.25 here in Northern Ky yesterday

Fred

Ours has come down to AU$5.50 for 91oct. (98 is $6.50) I'm positively beside myself. Doing wheelies all the way.  :lol:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Bobs69

anybody here use the gas buddy website?  If so have any of you won the 250 dollar prepaid gas cards?

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

ODZKing

Mike DC

QuoteGood Lord, I just realized how pointless this is...  I mean we are posting about how great the gas prices are at 3.00/gallon??  man oh man.  If we really do have more oil than the middle east, this is stupid.  if it gets back to $2 a gallon I'll be driving the charger a LOT.

Paying $3/gallon today isn't really THAT far different from paying $2/gallon in the early 2000s.  The official figures have been understating US dollar inflation for a long time.  

Gas prices look a lot more stable over time with realistic inflation numbers factored in.  And the true gas crisis era of the mid'70s-early 80s makes prices today look decent.

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Fred

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 30, 2012, 12:36:52 PM
QuoteGood Lord, I just realized how pointless this is...  I mean we are posting about how great the gas prices are at 3.00/gallon??  man oh man.  If we really do have more oil than the middle east, this is stupid.  if it gets back to $2 a gallon I'll be driving the charger a LOT.

Paying $3/gallon today isn't really THAT far different from paying $2/gallon in the early 2000s.  

It is if you're not getting a pay check.   :eek2:

Robert96

As of Saturday morning $3.37 westside Cincinnati. ( regular )

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Fred

Ours are so up and down it's hard to know when to fill up.  :brickwall:

Bobs69

We went to Jamaica for vacation a couple of years ago and on the bus ride into the resort the local tour guide commented on how the prices changed every week.  I said really?  In Canada it's every day!

Steve P.

Hell, that has changed there now. We were there last November and the bus driver told us he wanted to go back as they had dropped the price since he went by the other way. So we stopped for fuel and I am guessing their laws are different than here because they were changing the price again while we there.. According to the driver it was the 3rd change that he knew of for the day and it was only 4:PM.... Here the law says 2 changes per day max..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

nvrbdn

we just jumped .20 up to $3.49. didnt hear a reason other than some oil executive needs a new sports car. anyway, guess they are figuring everyone is on the road this week and they need to get them. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Steve P.

Same here. $2.92 at 1:30 Pm. on my way to the dr.s .. At 7:PM same day it was up to $3.15 same station.. 23 cents per gallon jump in just a few hours and no reason that I heard of...  :icon_smile_dissapprove:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Silver R/T

Quote from: Steve P. on June 29, 2012, 12:18:03 PM
Geno, I'm with you. I have asked this question before and the answer I got was (supply and demand). Meaning there is less demand for diesel so therefor it sits longer and they look at fuel like realestate.  I think it's bunk. Also think it's bunk that we don't have more vehicles using diesel.

They say today's refinement of the (CLEANER DIESEL) takes longer, but,, I watched a show about it and according to the plant operator it does not take as much or as long or as many stages as gasoline. Therefor I believe it should be cheaper. It also lasts longer in storage than gas.

I wish my V-10 would magically become a Cummins!!!!!

$2.99  today in New Port Richey, Florida. BUT, I would not get gas there. That station was just flooded out....  

They send diesel to China, as well as coal. Diesel is 3.59 here, Im waiting out to see how low it'll go before it starts climbing back up. Anyone else think it'll just keep dropping until elections are over this year, and then go back up?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

b5blue

Just jumped back up to 3.25.99 by me at Hess. (Tampa area.)