News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tainting young minds

Started by lee, July 27, 2006, 04:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lee

The other day the little woman and I went to A&W for Dinner and when we got out of the car a Father and his son came up to us and asked if his son could looked at the car he was 5 and he knew right a way it was a 68 charger.I told him to jump in behind the wheel he sat there in aw it seemed like.I then told him and handing him the keys take it around the block but the little boy didn't think he could drive yet his dad chuckled when the were down and walked away the wife goes I ruined him for life when he gets older he'll want one then.I then told her I have more people to cruise around with in 15 years. ;)

Danny Gutierrez

Cool story! :yesnod:  You go right on spreading the word. :icon_smile_big:
1969 Dodge Charger, second owner.  The first owner was my Dad.

Plumcrazy

Great idea!   That little guy will remember that for a long time.  :yesnod:

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

andy74

one more that wont want a freaking :devil: honda,good job man!

Ponch ®

hahha...that was pretty cool of you.

reminds me of my 9 year old cousin, who I took for a ride around the block in the Charger when he was 5 and since then has been convinced that I will sell it to him when he turns 16 and gets his license. I told him he should start putting away his allowance now and maybe by then he'll have enough . At least he expects to buy the car, as opposed to have it given to him. 
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Old Moparz

Quote from: MojoJojo Classic ® on July 27, 2006, 05:52:24 PM
hahha...that was pretty cool of you.

reminds me of my 9 year old cousin, who I took for a ride around the block in the Charger when he was 5 and since then has been convinced that I will sell it to him when he turns 16 and gets his license. I told him he should start putting away his allowance now and maybe by then he'll have enough . At least he expects to buy the car, as opposed to have it given to him. 

Ha Ha Ha, that's a good one. Did you do the pushing, or did you make him do it?   :smilielol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Lowprofile

It doesn't take much time or effort to leave a lasting impression on a young child. Good job, Bro.  :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

tan top

good stuff , start 'em young  :thumbs: :drive:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

70charginglizard

Quote from: lee on July 27, 2006, 04:41:22 PM
The other day the little woman and I went to A&W for Dinner and when we got out of the car a Father and his son came up to us and asked if his son could looked at the car he was 5 and he knew right a way it was a 68 charger.I told him to jump in behind the wheel he sat there in aw it seemed like.I then told him and handing him the keys take it around the block but the little boy didn't think he could drive yet his dad chuckled when the were down and walked away the wife goes I ruined him for life when he gets older he'll want one then.I then told her I have more people to cruise around with in 15 years. ;)

Somthing similar happened to me just yesterday. The neighbor kid caught me as I was just getting back from an evening cruise. They just moved in a couple weeks ago. He's been hounding me about taking him out so I told him to get in. We went around the block to one of the main highways. Made sure the coast was clear and told him.... Hold on. Laid down a line of scratch about 15 feet in length and ran er up to 90. I think the kid was about as happy as he's ever been in his whole life.

Fun evening.  :icon_smile_approve:
70charginglizard

Brock Samson

when i think about it, I remember all my fast rides!

here's some of the first i remember...

when I was 7 a new '66 mustang two plus two, orange & white, the owner put the rear seat down and I went riding in the cargo bay...
automatics, buckets, console, extra gauges,.. how cool was that,.. I remember looking out the fastback and folks checking out the car.

Then was Buick Rivara, a mid '60s, silver with red interior,.. Dads' friend drove 80 MPH down to San Jose... I thought we were really hauling... I dont know how old i was then though, i just remember being really impressed.

...cause mom only drove @ 70.  :yesnod:

Drache

I'll tell you this, those kids will remember it for the rest of their lives. It was a ride in my uncles old classic that started me on the road to wanting old before new and my dad stories just happened to make it want to be a charger.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

MichaelRW

Good job. Keep up the good work. My grandson is only 9 months old and hasn't started to talk yet but every chance I get I say Hemi and Charger to him. I hope either of those are one of his first words.  ;D
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

deputycrawford

My young mind was tainted at 31 when I had my first ride in a 68 B5 Blue Charger. I has one within a year. I have wanted one for most of my life. Then one butt munch gave me a ride in one and ruined me for life.....Damn Charger owners.. :flame:
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

Ghoste

Good for you Lee.  That's one of SEMA's campaigns, "Take A Kid To A Car Show".

RD

Quote from: MichaelRW on July 28, 2006, 06:21:04 PM
Good job. Keep up the good work. My grandson is only 9 months old and hasn't started to talk yet but every chance I get I say Hemi and Charger to him. I hope either of those are one of his first words.  ;D

that is funny! my daughter's first word was MOPAR
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Blakcharger440

Cool story,keep up the good work!