News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

This is gonna be on badass build-up of a 1970 charger

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, August 02, 2006, 05:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE CHARGER PUNK

Charger_Fan

It does look like it'll be cool.  :yesnod:
Looks like they're shooting for SEMA this year, we'll have to watch.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

RT DAVE

68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

70charginglizard

Quote from: RT DAVE on August 03, 2006, 09:45:46 AM
I think the graphics look cheesy.    :puke:   

What did you expect. It's a custom job.

They don't look that bad to me....for a custom job.
70charginglizard

Brock Samson

Looks like the Dash is gonna be NASCARish...  :scope:
           Very interesting!

RT DAVE

Quote from: 70charginglizard on August 03, 2006, 09:59:33 AM
Quote from: RT DAVE on August 03, 2006, 09:45:46 AM
I think the graphics look cheesy.    :puke:   

What did you expect. It's a custom job.

They don't look that bad to me....for a custom job.

I guess I'm just getting sick of seeing custom graphics on cars, especially old ones.  It would be a lot cooler if these car customizers would just leave well enough alone in regards to this one area.    You can't improve on perfection.  The bodylines of this car are perfect as they are. 
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Danny Gutierrez

I'm looking forward to seeing this car.  Should be real nice.  I prefer Strope's work over Foose and the other custom builders.  Strope prefers Mopars and I actually met him once on the Hot Rod power tour a few years ago.  I do agree on the point that these cars have classic lines already built in and don't need fancy paint schemes to spruce them up, but I am anxious to see Strope's final product.
1969 Dodge Charger, second owner.  The first owner was my Dad.

Blakcharger440

Sweet! Strope seems to always have some neat ideas.

dodgeboy67

chrisII

i was guna say i thought the site was hoaky, and overly complicated. defffinately designed for the youth market

Lowprofile

Looks like it might be pretty interesting. I'll reserve judgment until the car is done. ;D  Although I will say I am not a big fan of the big wheel movement. JMHO
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

autodynamics

I GUESS THE VIEWS ARE PRETTY SOLID. EITHER YOU LIKE MODERN TECHNOLOGY IN OLDER CARS OR YOU LIKE THE WAY IT CAME. PERSONALLY EVERYTHING HAS ITS PLACE BUT I CANT SEE WHY SOME PEOPLE BASH CARS WITH BIG WHEELS BRAKES PAINT ETC. DO WE STILL USE ROTARY PHONES ? THEN WHY NOT HAVE A 60 MUSCLE CAR WITH MODERN TECHNOLOGY. I THINK ITS THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS. I ALSO THINK THAT A STOCK MUSCLE CAR ALSO HAS ITS PLACE FOR CAPTURING THE TIME PERIOD. HOWEVER IF ALL THE CARS WE LOOKED AT WERE ALL THE SAME I THINK THEN IT WOULD BE BORING AFTER A WHILE... I APPLAUD THOSE WHO HAVE A DIFFERENT VIEW ON MODERN MUSCLE. I CANT WAIT TILL STROPE FINISHES IT I BET WE COULD ALL LEARN SOMETHING FROM THIS BUILD .....JUST MY 2 CENTS :Twocents:

Charger_Fan

Quote from: chrisII on August 05, 2006, 04:18:40 PM
i was guna say i thought the site was hoaky, and overly complicated. defffinately designed for the youth market
I was gonna say the very same thing... :yesnod: ...but I was gonna add that whoever set it up definitely has a lot of time on his hands. ;D
Me, I just wanna see the pics...spare me the flash & pizazz.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

CaptMarvel

The graphics dont look bad to me...I really like the grille treatment, they have corrected a factory flaw as far as I'm concerned. I never liked the 70 grilles, too complicated looking, Painting that big loop trim/bumper and simplifying the interior parts of the grille are really a good looking idea! Now it looks as good as the 68s/69s....

Lowprofile

Quote from: autodynamics on August 06, 2006, 11:11:53 AM
I GUESS THE VIEWS ARE PRETTY SOLID. EITHER YOU LIKE MODERN TECHNOLOGY IN OLDER CARS OR YOU LIKE THE WAY IT CAME. PERSONALLY EVERYTHING HAS ITS PLACE BUT I CANT SEE WHY SOME PEOPLE BASH CARS WITH BIG WHEELS BRAKES PAINT ETC. DO WE STILL USE ROTARY PHONES ? THEN WHY NOT HAVE A 60 MUSCLE CAR WITH MODERN TECHNOLOGY. I THINK ITS THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS. I ALSO THINK THAT A STOCK MUSCLE CAR ALSO HAS ITS PLACE FOR CAPTURING THE TIME PERIOD. HOWEVER IF ALL THE CARS WE LOOKED AT WERE ALL THE SAME I THINK THEN IT WOULD BE BORING AFTER A WHILE... I APPLAUD THOSE WHO HAVE A DIFFERENT VIEW ON MODERN MUSCLE. I CANT WAIT TILL STROPE FINISHES IT I BET WE COULD ALL LEARN SOMETHING FROM THIS BUILD .....JUST MY 2 CENTS :Twocents:

I don't know if this was directed at me, but I wasn't bashing anyone with new technology/Big wheels in or on their ride......different is cool. I was just offering my  :Twocents:. My opinion about wheels is that they should complement the car, not SCREAM out at you and say LOOK AT ME! I'M FREEKIN HUGE!!!  The car should always be the center of attention, not the individual parts attached to it.
That being said, I will wait to see the finished car.  It looks like its going to be a true bad-ass ride. And I might be wrong about the wheels on that car. I will be the first to admit it.  :icon_smile_big:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T