News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

We are confirmed for July 22nd at Kent, WA-Charger Meet

Started by triple_green, March 23, 2006, 11:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeattleCharger

Some more.    Can you name who's car is who's?    The purple one is Mike's, his name was PlumCrazy. 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

SeattleCharger

Some more, the host, Mark had two cars there.    In the fourth pic you can see Troy. 

SeattleCharger

I want to say thanks to Mark for setting up this whole thing, and he brought A LOT of food and drinks for everyone, and wouldn't accept any money from anyone, and thanks to AllBlue, ex PlumCrazy,   Mike, who brought a lot of cool raffle prizes, so many, that I believe everyone there at the end for the raffle got a prize, I got a cool NASCAR racing Dodge t shirt.     And Troy was there from Cincinatti, nice guy, we are all lucky to have him run this site for us all. 

RECHRGD

The heat must have kept some people away.  It doesn't look like too many cars were there.  If the wheels were different on the sunfire yellow '68, I'd think I was there.  Looks like Triple Green, Plumcrazy & 8Wheeler made it though.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bull

Yes, big thanks to Mark and Mike for all they did. Dallas Speed Shop provided Mike with many prizes and Mark paid for all the food and drinks and refused to take any donations. I stopped by Layson's to purchase one of those new repop locking gas caps and asked the owner if he would contribute some toys for the raffle but he wasn't interested. :rotz: The heat might have been part of the problem for the low turnout, that and gas prices. But most likely the fact that there was a lot of other stuff going on that weekend probably kept the attendance down. I was hoping to see all the NW Washington guys anyway. Hey, if I can drive from Portland for 3 1/2 hrs. in the sweltering heat you guys can surely handle the 20-30 minutes. Even Mike and Troy braved the heat in Mike's non-A/C '70 from Portland. :yesnod: Mike's a trooper. Another problem for there being so few cars was guys like me showing up with no Charger while Mark the Charger hoarder brought two. >:( :icon_smile_big: My contribution to the show can be seen in the top left-hand corner of this picture. How sad. :icon_smile_dissapprove:

8WHEELER

First, thanks for everything Mark, for setting it up, and I had a hamberger it was great  :icon_smile_big:
And Miracle Mike for my T-Shirts, thanks for bringing them.

Since I got home so late Friday night after 1am, after driving 8hrs.  I almost
did not go to the Charger meet Saturday, I got in bed at 4am, got up at 8am
and told my wife I wanted to go, even with the heat in the 90's, and about 3hrs
of sleep, I will get all the sleep I need when I am dead............... HA HA
So we got ready and took off, there was about 12 Chargers there, the
lowest turnout yet, it had to be the heat, and the fact you could hear our
big NHRA cars easy from that parking lot, its not to far away. I love going to
the races, but I did not have time to go to it, plus I wanted to go to the
Charger show, the car numbers were way down over the last 4yrs its been about
25 cars, much better turnout.

Troy flew in, Mike told me Troy is here, I said what Troy, then he told me, I could
not believe it. Great to meet you Troy, thanks for making the trip hell of a great
supprise, sorry you had to ride with Mike  :icon_smile_big:

It was to damn hot for me, I stayed in the shade 90 persent of the time.
And I never got the camera out of the trunk, so I don't have one
picture. I thought I would feel better on the way home on the freeway
and all of the air blowing in the car at 70mph. Well I was wrong, I felt
like hell, it was Way Way to hot for me to be staying at an asphalt
parking lot all day. So, sorry I did not take any picture yesterday, I
hope one of the other guys post pictures of all the cars that made it.

After we got home we were in 101 degree heat. In Washington the
best temp is low 80's or high 70's that makes me happy   ;D

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

bull

Yea, it was way too hot and it's been too hot for a week. It was 104 here again today. At the shop we went outside with the temp gun and measured the concrete at 146 degrees. :flame: Don't walk on that with bare feet.

RallyeMike

I finally did NOT have a conflict with the date !!!
Thanks Mark for all the work you and family did setting this up.
Thanks Mike for the great give-away swag.
Pleasure meeting the landlord Troy and talking about common, interesting, non-mopar work stuff.
Slamoo: Sweet 73, and give'em hell at the next demo race  !
...and hopefully see the rest of you next year.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

SeattleCharger

triple_green

I had a great time with you guys!  Got sunburned though...guess I should have been more careful.

It was great to meet Troy!!

Mike thanks for bringing all the prizes, I like my new "HEMI" hat.

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

RTPTRON

Thanks Mark and Mike for all the good food and prizes.

Mark, please thank Roy for all his hard work grilling over a very hot grill.  In fact I am not sure that the grill was necessary with temps pushing 100.

Next time buy just enough food for 10 to 15 people and we will have 40 plus cars!!!  I know you spent a lot of time organizing this event for so few to show up.  I hope you will keep doing this every year anyway.

Next time please let the people that want to help with the expenses do so.  This event was for all of the people that came out.  With you doing most, if not all, of the work involved you should expect the rest of us to handle the finances, right? RIGHT.

Silver R/T

Anyone knows guys that bought Jesse's blue 68 R/T clone? He lives around Seattle area
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

472 R/T SE

Here's the thread.

It was great getting to meet everyone that I never would have gotten to meet had it been bigger IMO.   It was a great time.

It was also awesome getting to spend time with our leader.  I was even mild mannered with my driving, don't think I scared Troy.  We never even turned on my thumpin' stereo cause we were talking most of the time.  :2thumbs:  Great guy!!!!

Give Jerry Jackson a call at Dallas Dodge next time anyone tempts to buy from Mopar Performance.  Their prices aren't out of line.

I really liked this car

This car ruled too.  Original paint IIRC.

almerkel

:icon_smile_sad: I really missed not being there.  Maybe next ear. 

pdcharger

Man I wish it were local so I could go

Tomar Blade Lightbar
Tomar RECT 25's everywhere else
Corner Strobes
and building more!
http://www.egeardirect.com

SeattleCharger

Man, I love my dodge nascar t shirt I won in the raffle.  thanks mike and mark. :thumbs: :thumbs: