News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

$1,025 for a hemi transmission case

Started by RD, July 30, 2006, 10:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Todd Wilson

OK so fill me in on the details as to why this is a "Hemi" case?

Todd

tecmopar

The PK # is for a '70 B or E body Hemi car and to some restorers this is important. Not having any part of the Vin # means it was probably a dealer replacement which makes it even easier to say that a car is original, but thats about it. Some guys just have lots of money.

Ghoste

And they used the magic "H" word that makes stupid boomers who have found themselves recently cash flush go into a zombie-like state in which they reach into their savings and just pull out all the money.  It makes them an easy mark for the modern day Mopar carpetbaggers

rt green

i didnt think the price of junk aluminum was up that high
third string oil changer

RD

the starting bid on this was $45 dollars.  I was looking into it just because I wouldnt mind putting together a "hemi" transmission and flipping it for about $500-600.  But I never imagined that the case itself would go for so high.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Ghoste

I suppose in the world of 2 million dollar E-bodies it somehow makes sense.  In my albeit sheltered little universe of guys who just really like driving old cars it seems asinine.

69charger2002

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

dodgecharger-fan

Ghoste

That must make a complete unit worth what, 10-12 thousand dollars? ::)

John_Kunkel

A fully assembled Hemi Torqueflite is worth only a few hundred bucks more than the empty case because the internals are easy to come by, a correct part number stamped case with an empty VIN pad is pretty rare. The price doesn't surprise me at all.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Ghoste

Like I said earlier, in the world of million dollar cars it isn't shocking, it real life, it's absolutely asinine.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Wow... and I got one of those sitting in the corner being used as a large door holder, and the Hemi is a table right now.  Maybe I shouldn't beat on it after all.

Ryan

chrisII

Quote from: Ghoste on July 31, 2006, 07:47:52 PM
Like I said earlier, in the world of million dollar cars it isn't shocking, it real life, it's absolutely asinine.
:iagree: :smilie_help: :cussing: