News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is there a spring on the back of the parking brake to engage the teeth?

Started by Corellian Corvette, August 02, 2006, 12:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corellian Corvette

hello all!

I'm disassembling my interior now and I pulled my parking brake cable out.

One problem I noticed is that there is a lever that rests against the gears in the pedal but mine doesn't rest far down enough to engage the gears. Is there some sort of spring on the back of the assembly that helps pull the lever against the teeth? It looks like there should be - but I want to double check.

If anyone has a picture that would be awesome.

Thanks

8WHEELER

There is a long narrow spring that goes over the brake lever pull rod, it fits just behind the clip that holds
the plastic guide. You can see it from the side.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Corellian Corvette

I probably described it wrong. I have the handle spring. You can see in the picture the piece shaped like a '7' that engages the teeth. That part does not want to rest properly - it looks like there should be some sort of spring in the back to help keep it down...

DFS68_Charger

Yes, there is spring to keep that part engaged with the teeth. Broke mine last year, but the e-brake still works for me.

DFS