News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I finally drove my Charger today after 2 years! >>>added video

Started by PocketThunder, July 28, 2006, 10:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

;)
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Graham496_SE

That 68 looks great!

I hope the guy in the Toyota likes the way your tail lights look, because that is probably all he will ever see. ;)

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Back N Black

Car looks awesome, love the rims.Its seeing pics like this that keeps me moviated.

8WHEELER

Congrats looks great  ;D  looks like you are better at bodywork than the guy that worked on one of my cars.

:2thumbs:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Telvis

Congratulations! My goal is to post the same thing this time next month.

Lowprofile

"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Arigmaster

Car turned out Great! Very nice work...  I can relate to that feeling of finally being able to drive the car after all that work. This is the first summer mine has been out in four and a half years!

rt green

good work paul! car looks great. i grew up in minnesota, and i remember those plates. in fact i still have one '68 minn plate on my basement wall! can you legally  run those, or is it just for the pic?
third string oil changer

CFMopar

Hehe 440 hemi :P

Nice work

I hope to do a nut and bolt resto when I get my own place  :-X
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

THE COLONEL

Congrats Paul.  I wish I had even 1/100 of the talent you do.  You truely are in rare company. :bow: :bow:
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

PocketThunder

thanks for the congrats everyone.

The front bumper is laying in my garage waiting to be re-chromed.  I ran low on funds as usual and the bumper took a back seat to other stuff for now.  I will just bolt it back on for now i think.

The license plates are legal to use in Minnesota.  You just register them in the collector class.  As long as the number you choose is not being used already.

I tested out the gas guage on the way home from work friday.  Its accurate!  I ran out half way home on 494 in the left lane.  I was lucky i was in the "go" part of stop and go rush hour so i had enough momentum to get to the right hand side of the road.  A guy from work was going home that way also and pulled over to give me a ride to get gas..  The cops tagged my window already by the time i got back. 

lookin@my68

PocketThunder

70charginglizard

70charginglizard

CB

you enjoy the after market seats , I might be changing mine for nice leather seats in the far future.
good looking 68 buddy! :)
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

General_01

That's the best you could do??? ??? :icon_smile_big: Looked pretty fun. Where were you at?
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

PocketThunder

Quote from: General_01 on September 14, 2006, 10:25:48 PM
That's the best you could do??? ??? :icon_smile_big: Looked pretty fun. Where were you at?

Jordan, MN car cruise.  :drive:

1970RT

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only 2nd gen charger thats quit running on 494.

I bought mine in SE MN and was driving up 61 untill I hit 494.  Car had been running perfect for over an hour.  About 2 miles onto 494 it started running funny, sputtering.  It got really bad and a off ramp was coming up, a up hill one.  I decided I wasnt going to make it to the next ramp so I took this one.  After noon week day rush hour too.  Car quit about 3/4 of the way up the ramp.  I jumped out and satred pushing while it was still moving and got it to the top and coasted down the cross street to the frontage road into a dentist office parking lot.

Turns out that one of the distriburter cap hold downs was loose and the cap came off, breaking the center tab on the rotor.  Took a while to figure this out since I thought that the points had crapped out and replaced the pointes before noticing the rotor tab broken.

Where in St Paul are you?  I'm up in Duluth and always interested in meeting charger owners in the area.

tipopiola

The only Dodge I've ever had the pleasure of breaking down in on 494 is my wifes Neon  :rotz: .  Hopefully someday I'll get to actually drive my Charger so I at least have the opportunity to break down in it!  The video is awesome!  Paul, you should definitely swing up to Champlin for the show next week.  Only 2 more weeks of car shows and then its over till next May   :rotz: .  Tipopiola :icon_smile_big:

Hemidog