News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

console i scored!!!!!!

Started by autodynamics, July 27, 2006, 08:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

autodynamics

this is a console that a mopar guy gave me.... he said he had no use for it . the vacume gauge it came with i never seen before any of you guys know about this? is it worth anything? here are some pics http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/AUTODYNAMICS/DSC02037.jpg

MadScientist

Niiiiice! No idea about the gauge.

MS

Brock Samson

looks to be a four-speed console, pretty rare these days and worth something too, top plates are hard to find...
i dunno about the gauge though...
i tink a Vac. guarge came on the '66-67s but i'm not positive...

autodynamics

its definetly a vacume gauge......... whats it from....????

Troy

You could get a vacuum gauge in either 66 or 67 (sorry, I forget which - maybe both). However, the console lid and top plate didn't have the woodgrain until 1969. Your console shell is the 68-70 version as well. You don't happen to have that little chrome strip that runs along the top of the left side hump too do you? Nice score!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

autodynamics

RT DAVE

Quote from: autodynamics on July 27, 2006, 08:50:52 PM
this is a console that a mopar guy gave me.... he said he had no use for it . the vacume gauge it came with i never seen before any of you guys know about this? is it worth anything? here are some pics http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/AUTODYNAMICS/DSC02037.jpg

You suck.  :icon_smile_big:
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

autodynamics

694spdRT

Depending on condition they usually range from $800-1,100 on Ebay for the complete 4 speed consoles. Prices may fall somewhat with the repop stuff coming out but it is a very valuable piece. Your mopar guy is a very nice guy that either does not know about current prices or doesn't need the money.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

autodynamics

he doesnt know i take it he alos offered ma a dana for my car but found out its for a abody.... i think thats worth some money too but how much??? about time i scored something....im building a killer pro-touring charger.... just taking a charger and tweaking everything about it. seats, instrumentation, suspension,brakes audio etc... i dont think anyone here has a charger like mine ... although nycmile has exactly what im going for ,,,

Brock Samson

nice seats what they outta?..
you bought the '69 SE skins and had them used or what?.
nice dash and trim too BTW!  :icon_smile_wink:

Lowprofile

I like the dash! :2thumbs: Are those aftermarket guages or just factory ones that have been re-faced?  Nice job! :yesnod:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

autodynamics

the seats are corbaeu and had them redone to look like factory, dash is factory with all new internals no stickers there painted and i lost the amp guage and now its voltage, more pics to come ......

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

NYCMille

This will be a REALLY nice ride when it's all done.... dude, tell everyone about the Lambo doors your installing on it... those will be BITCHEN :METAL:

Brock Samson

:rotz:
think about it though,.. how often do ya' see a nice white int?..

good stuff

262chargers

Quote from: NYCMille on July 28, 2006, 07:24:18 AM
the Lambo doors your installing on it... those will be BITCHEN :METAL:

pics?  ??? :yesnod:

autodynamics

like nycmile said im gonna put hydrolics in it and cut chop the top about 2 tinches im waiting for a guy to com from germany and lambo my doors .i cant wait for that i also have a murual being painted on the side which is gonna be a horse  running free and a lion head tatoo on the horses side..... what do u think?    ahhhhh just kiddin .... i will post pics as soon as i get car back from body ... i think it will quite nice

4402tuff4u

Quote from: autodynamics on July 28, 2006, 11:34:00 AM
like nycmile said im gonna put hydrolics in it and cut chop the top about 2 tinches im waiting for a guy to com from germany and lambo my doors .i cant wait for that i also have a murual being painted on the side which is gonna be a horse  running free and a lion head tatoo on the horses side..... what do u think?    ahhhhh just kiddin .... i will post pics as soon as i get car back from body ... i think it will quite nice

Is your car down the street in Brook Ave, Deerpark @ K&S Autobody?? I had mine done at Millennium a few buildings before yours. Now Millennium is doing a 70 Hemi Challenger -  banana yellow I believe. Can't wait to see yours finished AD!
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

autodynamics

deputycrawford

Auto dynamics. Did the seats just bolt in or did you have to make adapter plates or something? I really like the seats. Side bolsters and stock look too. Cool.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

Wakko

Good score on the console!  The value has dropped a little bit since the repro consoles have come out, and top plates are coming soon I think.  Auto, this is the car you got from Florida, right?
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

autodynamics

yup thats the car....wakko.great car i took the car down to bare metal...and there was No rust at all what a great foundation to start off wtih, chris is gonna be suprised how nice the car is coming out... im looking for a 6.1 hemi now for it. it should be out of paint in august sometime, and then i have to put it together, i will post pics soon... as far as the seat brackets are concerned i got them from corbaeu they were a little pricey but after i got them i modified them to sit lower, actuallt flush but it uses all factory holes

Ghoste

Just to clarify, the vacuum guage could be had in a Dart but not in a 66 or 67 Charger.  That spot on the console was reserved for an optional clock (which mine has :icon_smile_big:).

hotrod98

Several years ago, I bought a perfect 69 style 4 speed console like that one and it had the vacuum gauge and a rear cig lighter. The guy that I bought it from said that he took it out of a 69 coronet 4 door that had bucket seats. The bucket seats were definitely for a 4 door since they didn't fold forward. I have no reason not to believe the guy since he had no reason to make up a story like that. If that's an original vacuum gauge, then the housing is identical to the 66-67 tach gauge housings and would be worth a few bucks to someone.  I sold the console at the mopar nats in Indy in 1987 for $300 and thought that I had made a killing. Wish I had it back now. :'(

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams