News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best Ignition choices for my 440? Opinions Please

Started by DANF, July 27, 2006, 03:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodge freak

Anything has to be better than those Mopar units :yesnod:

wil440

Chryco

Aren't you a member of Don's board ?? some interesting threads on there, funnily enough though there's not one post from you stating you or anyone else has had a problem with the ignition kit, except the old ballasts in 2 cases, which incidently were replaced FOC

you being a member of that board would also know Dave is a member too so one handy location to bring your complaints to light with both seller and supplier on one board.

I have sold over 60 kits here in Europe, I probably sold 10 kits with the old ballast and every single one was replaced at no cost to the customer, out of the 10 kits with the old style ballasts 2 failed, this was well over a year ago.

Since the MSD ballast has been used I have had NO problems.

Looking back at Don's board it appears that when you joined as a junior member you didn't actually know a whole lot....... reference cylinder heads Sir....... guess you don't like being told you know nothing.

This is the only reason I can see for your whining about the ignition kit as there's full warranty on the kit and if there was a problem and you'd have contacted Don it would have been sorted out in your favour

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

firefighter3931

Quote from: wil440 on September 05, 2006, 10:59:31 AM
Chryco

Looking back at Don's board it appears that when you joined as a junior member you didn't actually know a whole lot....... reference cylinder heads Sir....... guess you don't like being told you know nothing.

Now that is funny !  :lol: Will, buddy...you're waaaaay off base here.  :icon_smile_big:

Maybe you should spend a couple of weeks here reading the thousands of posts that Chryco has responded to....YOU might learn a thing or two  :D

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Paul G

Chryco is the best, hands down. He has helped me out as well as the others more times than I can count. I would believe his advice without question just based on his past posts to this board and the old one. 
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Steve P.

Chryco

Aren't you a member of Don's board ?? some interesting threads on there, funnily enough though there's not one post from you stating you or anyone else has had a problem with the ignition kit, except the old ballasts in 2 cases, which incidently were replaced FOC

you being a member of that board would also know Dave is a member too so one handy location to bring your complaints to light with both seller and supplier on one board.

I have sold over 60 kits here in Europe, I probably sold 10 kits with the old ballast and every single one was replaced at no cost to the customer, out of the 10 kits with the old style ballasts 2 failed, this was well over a year ago.

This is the only reason I can see for your whining about the ignition kit as there's full warranty on the kit and if there was a problem and you'd have contacted Don it would have been sorted out in your favour

Are you shitting me????  Chryco has spent more time helping others (FOR NO MONEY), FOR YEARS. He has helped out hundreds of us on this board and others asking nothing in return. His experience with hundreds of products is just that. EXPERIENCE!!!!  WHAT GOOD HAVE YOU DONE FOR THE MORE THAN 2700 MEMBERS OF THIS PAGE?? Chryco is not selling any product here. You damn sure are trying. Problem is 99.999 percent of us are going to take the word of someone we TRUST that IS NOT a salesman or trying to sell us something to help fatten his wallet over a wind bag pushing something that IS BEING PUSHED..

This is not the first board I have been on that experienced techs have not had anything good to say about your product.. I have run MSD and Crane and others that I liked. Your attitude here is more than enough to MAKE SURE I never use yours..

Please don't bother tossing your hat into the ring here.  We are a family here and our blood runs thick.

Enough said.

Sorry Troy and others. I'll go take my pill now....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

dodge freak

Yea - Good going, we need more members here with guts like yours .  :yesnod:

I don't see MSD or any others on here saying that for the money they have the best stuff, not saying thats its not I never use anything but MSD.

Oh skip that pill and keep up the good work.

myk

Wha?  Oh, don't mind me, I thought this was the "Chics on Chargers thread."   :angel:

dave571

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on September 04, 2006, 03:05:48 AM
I have purchased 3 kits through Dave & have customers that purchased them elsewhere probably direct so far all 3 I bought are either somewhat or completely replaced as are the ones my customers have purchased
coils seem to work fine as long as you can keep a ballast resister from burning up form thre extra load , 3 systems ran far better with stock replacemnet ECUs when swapped with yours
it is up to my customers to get back to you with warranty for the most part , I connot contact Dave anymore , the system I bought my customers just wrote off the loss

I'm not trying to jump into a pissing match here......

BUT  ....

I don't know why you can't contact me, since my site is still up www.davesmopar.com , and my email still working.

I still talk to almost all the customers I have sold them to, and the only issue we ever had was ballast resistors. AND that has not been an issue since we put the msd brand ballasts in the kit.

You must have the only 3 in Canada that have failed.

Your customers can contact me at the site and I will gladly find out what the problem is.

I have run the FBO stuff on 6 of my own vehicles, including an 11 sec car with no issues. 
I've replaced  1 ru11 ballast in 6 kits (my own stuff)

I've replaced 6 RU11 ballasts for customers (including the one in  the one kit I can remember selling to Chryco Psycho that I replaced with an MSD  ballast at NO charge to his customer)
That's out of about 50 kits I have sold over the last 2 years in Canada.

NO failures of coils OR ECU's

There's lots of ignition systems out there.  MSD has left me stranded more than any other, but I guess that's just my own experience with them.

Believe what you want :yesnod:

Steve P.

Quote from: dave571 on September 05, 2006, 08:56:01 PM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on September 04, 2006, 03:05:48 AM
I have purchased 3 kits through Dave & have customers that purchased them elsewhere probably direct so far all 3 I bought are either somewhat or completely replaced as are the ones my customers have purchased
coils seem to work fine as long as you can keep a ballast resister from burning up form thre extra load , 3 systems ran far better with stock replacemnet ECUs when swapped with yours
it is up to my customers to get back to you with warranty for the most part , I connot contact Dave anymore , the system I bought my customers just wrote off the loss

I'm not trying to jump into a pissing match here......

BUT  ....

I don't know why you can't contact me, since my site is still up www.davesmopar.com , and my email still working.

I still talk to almost all the customers I have sold them to, and the only issue we ever had was ballast resistors. AND that has not been an issue since we put the msd brand ballasts in the kit.

You must have the only 3 in Canada that have failed.

Your customers can contact me at the site and I will gladly find out what the problem is.

I have run the FBO stuff on 6 of my own vehicles, including an 11 sec car with no issues. 
I've replaced  1 ru11 ballast in 6 kits (my own stuff)

I've replaced 6 RU11 ballasts for customers (including the one in  the one kit I can remember selling to Chryco Psycho that I replaced with an MSD  ballast at NO charge to his customer)
That's out of about 50 kits I have sold over the last 2 years in Canada.

NO failures of coils OR ECU's

There's lots of ignition systems out there.  MSD has left me stranded more than any other, but I guess that's just my own experience with them.

Believe what you want :yesnod:

Now that was MUCH more diplomatic...  Thank you..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Chryco Psycho

Msd has stranded me more often than anyother system too
most of the problems with the FBO system have been ballasts burning up , but not all
My customers have not been concerned with pursuing warranty , I guess they would rather make $$ than chase $200
I will contact them again & see if they want to pursue it now
I will get them to contact You Don seeing as it is your product
I have not contacted Dave nor will I as it is not his problem & with his shop gone & his phone never answered why would I ?
Just becuase someone has a problem doesn`t mean they will contact you either often it is less than 1 in 10 that will actually complain when there is a problem with a product or service

Chryco Psycho

Chryco

Seems Don doesn`t know much either , there is at least 1 question dating back to Jan 5th 2005 he has not replyed to yet either , I have not logged onto FBO site for at least 18 months