News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fuel Vapor Separators

Started by Mopar Crazy, July 26, 2006, 08:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar Crazy

I have a 71 340 engine with 10.5 to 1 comp. in a Challenger. At times, after the car has a hard run, It's hard to start. I have a good strong crank. I was told that the fuel was getting too hot. I was also told to put a Fuel Vapor Separator on, and that should solve the problem. Use part# X868.
I have  new 3/8 fuel line with a 1/4 return line to install.
Has anyone used a Fuel Vapor Separator with a small block??????
Thanks
Pete
Do it Once and Do it Right !!!

firefighter3931

Pete, there's no reason that it won't work....give it a try to see if it helps. Let us know how it works out.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

myk

I had the same problem with my Charger before installing both the vapor separator and a return line.  The car is much less harder to start when it is hot...

Mopar Crazy

Thanks for the advice,
I'll let you know if it solves the problem....

deputycrawford

A fuel separator worked for me for the most part. My fix also took separating the carb from the intake heat. Even with the cross over plugged, I needed a 1/2 inch phenolic spacer between the carb and the intake. Check into those if the fuel separator doesn't quite do it.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

myk

What are your fuel lines made of?  I use rubber from the pump to the 'carb and it seems to help.  Also, I'm thinking about wrapping my pump to 'carb lines in heat resistant material...

Mopar Crazy

I have a 1" spacer. I'm also running a rubber hose from the pump to the carb. My return line was no good. I just bought new fuel lines from The Right Stuff, Pre Bent. . I have to take out the old ones and trace the new lines... I also changed it from 5/16 to 3/8 aith 1/4 return. ALso installing a new 3/8 sender....
My tank has 4-vent tubes in front that go to the carbon canister.
Can I block off those vent tubes??? I'm not using the canister anymore...