News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

413 into a 1972

Started by pancho13, July 25, 2006, 10:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancho13

Hey everyone, I just lucked onto this website; it's the best & I appreciate the wisdom of those who have been there & done that!

I recently bought a 1972 charger SE w/a 318, 904(?) trans, and a sure-grip. The 318 is narcoleptic & needs to go. A buddy wants to sell me his 413 from a 1962 Chrysler 300. He says it runs, has roller rocker arms, but may need rings. He wants to sell it to me for around $800.00 (I'm in L.A.). My questions is this: Is this a good motor for my car & is the price about right? The motor is complete, but no trans or torque converter.  Any tips?? I look forward to learning & cruising with a purpose, I will post pics as soon as I figure how to upload. Thanks a million!!!!

Daytona R/T SE

The older 413's used a different (cast iron) torque flight transmission, The later aluminum torqueflites won't work on the earlier 413's-the crankshaft is different. The 413's are getting harder to find parts for,too. I don't think anybody makes a replacement piston for them, for example. Get a 440. For $800 you should be able to find a good rebuildable 440, probably get a whole running 4-door green new yorker for a little more....

pancho13

Hey, thanks for the advice..I will keep on looking then