News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 tail panel trim

Started by lilwendal, July 28, 2006, 12:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilwendal

Score!!!!!!!!!  It looks like they finally released the outer "c"s for the 68.  I've got a set coming that should be here by Wed.  179.00 for all four pieces.  Kinda sucks that I just paid 50.00 from Laysons for just the small under tail light pieces.  Anyway its from PG classics. There web site is www.pgclassic.com.  They dont list them there yet but if you call they do have them released now.  If anyone wants to wait I'll post reviews with picks when I recieve them. 

runningman

I saw the ad in MCG but didn't see them on their site so I figured they were getting them from the same place.  Let us know how they look when you get'em.  I need some as well.  thanks  matt

lilwendal

Trimm arrived today. Overall very nice pieces especially compared to what I had.  All the parts fit fine and these were obviously produced from the original mopar casting because the original PN and penstar are there. The 'C's are very close to my original pieces. They appear to have the same thickness and details as the originals. The only mild flaw I can find is where the tab is soldiered on to go under the upper long trimm piece. But this is very hard to see.  The smaller pieces that go below between the tail lights are not as nice as the 'C's. They are noticably thinner than the original and much pointier.  As fate would have it I had ordered a set of these little under tail light pieces from Laysons last week before I found the PGclassic add.  The Layson pieces are a much better copy of the original part. The thickness and contours are right on. So with what I have I'm going with the Pgclassic 'C's and the Layson under tail light pieces.  If you're not in a rush Laysons is claiming to have the 'C's in the next 6 months. But who knows
In the pics below the part to the left is the original. Middle the PGclassic piece. Right is Layson's.
Again I'm very happy with this purchase and what an improvement on my rides ass end.  It was too dark to get pics of these on the car but will try tomorrow. The pics of the 'C's are original and the PGclassic repos.

lilwendal

more.

Blusmbl

That just made my day.  :icon_smile_cool:  I'd love to see how they look bolted on the car.
Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger

OttawaCharger

1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

Dennis K

Thanks for sharing the info and the pics. I bought a set of them from PGC on Ebay a few days ago, just got the email today saying they have been shipped. Last time I bought stuff from them it took a little over a month to get the package through customs from Canada.

lilwendal

These came direct from China.  5 days from order to door step.  I was impressed with the shipping. On top of that shipping was free because my total order was over 500.00.  I'll get picks tomorrow.

8WHEELER

Interesting, first I have heard of these repo's thanks. I just took in two complete sets for re-chrome, because
I did not know anybody was doing them, plus my local shop does great work, and originals are a best fit if
you have some.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

RT DAVE

I wish they'd repro the taillights one of these days...
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

lilwendal

Was getting dark but here you go.

8WHEELER

They look real nice, just like my original re-chromed unit.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.